PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on logo?

buffalonick
12-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Just like it says i made myself a logo on some program i bought cuz i didnt wanna pay a ton of money and this is it give me your thoughts.

JFGauvreau
12-24-2009, 09:23 AM
looks alright, but I have seen that lawn picture everywhere, comes from photoshop...

adrian
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Looks good, your services are to small to be able to read though. Also, Nickel City Outdoor Services seems a little close to the light green line, but I'm just being picky.

Greenboy24
12-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Its ok but with more time I think you can come up with something better

buffalonick
12-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I moved some stuff around and changed some colors, i like that image its easy its not overdoing it and looks profession....no ridiculous picture

RigglePLC
12-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Excellent, Buffalo. I really like it. Incidentally scroll up two inches and look at the logos of our sponsors. Yours is just as good as any of theirs. Now imagine how it will look on your letterhead, your circulars, your invoices, your envelopes, your business card. And now imagine how it will look on your truck. If your truck is white--fine. Trailer white? If not you may have to tweak the colors to get it to show up against whatever background color you have to work with. Perhaps have a slightly different version for the vehicle, in black or very dark green if your truck is red. Make it really big so it can be read at 75 miles an hour. And for the window glass you need to use white across the top of the windshield, and white on your back glass. Or maybe put the logo in an oval of white so it shows up better on a blue truck. Are you going to put it on your shirts? Jackets? On the back of your guys tee-shirts? On your baseball caps? Decals on your mowers? Spreaders? Paint it on your plow blades? Look around--you will find top companies take advantage of every opportunity to get their name before the public. You may be able to get a company slogan on some of your equipment or paperwork. A slogan like, "Where the best costs less" or "Where service is first" or "Improving your property".

tinman
12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Looks fine to me

MJS
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Like the updated version a lot. Simple, effective, professional, clean. Should be a very serviceable logo on future media.

STRINGALATION
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
i like the orig. but the up date is better.....

make sure you get atleast 500dpi resolution so it can blow up without pixelating.

i use gimp which is free and like photoshop.

STRINGALATION
12-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Excellent, Buffalo. I really like it. Incidentally scroll up two inches and look at the logos of our sponsors. Yours is just as good as any of theirs. Now imagine how it will look on your letterhead, your circulars, your invoices, your envelopes, your business card. And now imagine how it will look on your truck. If your truck is white--fine. Trailer white? If not you may have to tweak the colors to get it to show up against whatever background color you have to work with. Perhaps have a slightly different version for the vehicle, in black or very dark green if your truck is red. Make it really big so it can be read at 75 miles an hour. And for the window glass you need to use white across the top of the windshield, and white on your back glass. Or maybe put the logo in an oval of white so it shows up better on a blue truck. Are you going to put it on your shirts? Jackets? On the back of your guys tee-shirts? On your baseball caps? Decals on your mowers? Spreaders? Paint it on your plow blades? Look around--you will find top companies take advantage of every opportunity to get their name before the public. You may be able to get a company slogan on some of your equipment or paperwork. A slogan like, "Where the best costs less" or "Where service is first" or "Improving your property".

excellent advice i do most but never thought about my equipment, thats on my list now thanks.

NEWGUYRI
12-30-2009, 12:46 AM
looks similar to mine, straightforward, simple, professional. I wouldn't include my services in the logo, too much going on, from an asthetic point of view. If you get the logo on the truck, then you can attatch the services below. If you leave the services in, then I would change snow plowing to snow removal, just sounds better IMO. Good luck!

buffalonick
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Yea the way i saved it i will prob use that logo for all my paperwork, then my trucks and signs will not have my services listed right underneath but in bigger writing down the truck, i always thought that snow removal sounded like i would take it away from your house and put it somewhere far away...like garbage removal, but up here in buffalo near lake erie everyone just knows the words snowplowing,and snowblowing