PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Stolen

Crewcutlawncare
12-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Seems this economy is making people harder up for money then ever before... I just had a 6x12' open trailer stolen Saturday in the Lehigh Valley, PA. So if any of you guys live in Bethlehem, Allentown, Whitehall, Easton, Catasauqua, or anywhere local to me and you spot it, please let me know. I have a $250.00 reward for the return of this property. Here are some clues to make it a little easier to spot...

1. All tires, including the spare are bald... no tread left.
2. Hardly any of the trailer lights work.. turn signals, brake lights, etc.
3. Trailer gate is a mesh type, and is bent in the middle.
4. Trailer has wooden plywood sides that stand up about 2'.. there is no plywood side for the front of the trailer.
5. Color of the trailer is black.
6. Floor boards are 2x6 wooden planks.
7. Spare tire has a bike lock to secure it.

Please message me if you have any information leading to this incident. You can also email me at: ben@crewcutlawncare.com

Thank you!

JawZZ
12-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Seems this economy is making people harder up for money then ever before... I just had a 6x12' open trailer stolen Saturday in the Lehigh Valley, PA. So if any of you guys live in Bethlehem, Allentown, Whitehall, Easton, Catasauqua, or anywhere local to me and you spot it, please let me know. I have a $250.00 reward for the return of this property. Here are some clues to make it a little easier to spot...

1. All tires, including the spare are bald... no tread left.
2. Hardly any of the trailer lights work.. turn signals, brake lights, etc.
3. Trailer gate is a mesh type, and is bent in the middle.

Sounds like 90% of the trailers down here LOL no lights, bald tires, and bent gates.

topsites
12-25-2009, 02:34 AM
I realize it's not like this everywhere but here in VA a trailer has to be
registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles, VIN number and all.

Perhaps some find it inconvenient to deal with, but I'd rather pay a bit of a fee
and have permanent plates put on and the trailer is forever on their computer.

Now it sure would be nice if it were required that any and all trailers were registered across the USA.

PMLawns
12-26-2009, 01:50 AM
I realize it's not like this everywhere but here in VA a trailer has to be
registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles, VIN number and all.

Perhaps some find it inconvenient to deal with, but I'd rather pay a bit of a fee
and have permanent plates put on and the trailer is forever on their computer.

Now it sure would be nice if it were required that any and all trailers were registered across the USA.

PA DMV does in fact require trailers to be tagged, titled, and registered. Additionally, my commercial insurance agent, required additional coverage for my trailers........:nono:

castle555
12-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Sorry you lost your trailer
However, it sounds like a greater potential liability for a lawsuit if you took that thing on a highway. Any of those things you mentioned about the tires and lights, in California and many other states, would make you personally liable for negligent operation of a vehicle.
Look at it this way -it sounds like a blessing in disguise, that other guy is going to get some really bad karma connection for the theft, and probably be in the very accident you were gonna have with that trailer.
Save the 250.0 and your heartache. Buy a good used trailer.

p.s.
My former business partner stole our companies' 2-1/2 ton dump trailer by leasing it back to himself with our company money. It was supposed to be a 50/50 partnership, and I didnt even want the trailer.

jeffslawnservice
01-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Check craigslist. I am in the market to buy a trailer and so far all of the ones I have looked at are really low priced and don't have titles. They want to get ride of them casue 90% are stolen. Hope you get your trailer back. I'll keep a look out down here.

Jake99
01-06-2010, 07:59 AM
That old junky trailer was his and he misses it. Belongs to a thief now.If I knew where it was, it wouldn't cost him anything for me to tell it.

YellowDogSVC
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Check craigslist. I am in the market to buy a trailer and so far all of the ones I have looked at are really low priced and don't have titles. They want to get ride of them casue 90% are stolen. Hope you get your trailer back. I'll keep a look out down here.

How do you know so many are stolen?

Jake99
01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
The investigators will tell ya. We had over 200 stolen from here in Jerkwater last year. Of course none of them returns. I'm working ona site that shows ya where on the map things go missing with geotagging of stolen pictures on www.mefinditmaps.com It costs 10,000 /yr. to use it on sites unless it is a free site to the end users. --jake