PDA

View Full Version : so what are yall..

Junior M
12-25-2009, 07:39 AM
somebody always ends up making one of these threads. Figured I'd make this one.

so what are you guys doing today for christmas?

I am setting at the house with the family, doing nothing.

DeereMan85
12-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Snowed in at the parents' house, eating, drinking, and watching the snow fall. Sounds like we'll end up with around 20" from this storm. Good thing I got some DVDs for presents. I'll have time to watch my whole Band of Brothers set by the time the weekend is over.

Ground Effects NH
12-25-2009, 08:48 AM
The wife has to work, Santa left me a new 72" root grapple so I think I am going to make a burn pile and enjoy a few cold ones.:drinkup: then enjoy some friends stopping over tonight.

Cummins343
12-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Well last night was the worst night of plowing ever. 15" on the ground with 30+mph winds= 8' drifts to get stuck in for 2 1/2 hrs. I'm home now, pretty muched snowed in here.

bobcat_ron
12-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Working on the track, I am not a person to celebrate a holiday, I do love to work though.

JDSKIDSTEER
12-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Took the Nephews to Cracker Barrell for Brunch yesterday, then to see the movie Avitar (excellent movie) then Christmas with the parents at my brothers house. Candle light service at 11:00 last night. Today Home made Lasagna for lunch with the parents and sister-in-law, rest and Christmas left overs at my brothers tonight.

Junior M
12-25-2009, 10:43 AM
my bro and his wife and his good friend from the base that wasnt going home for christmas showed up last night.

my sister and her HUSBAND showed up this morning. Opened up some presents, now watching some movies and rest then eat. Past that, I am going to be shopping on Bass pro for some stuff for my truck. Trying to figure out how to spread my money out and still get my leveling kit and still do the camo 2tone like I want..

MJS
12-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, nothing but movies last night. Had a nice brunch with part of one side of the family - going to see the rest of the in-laws tonight for a big dinner. Should be a fun time with nice food.

The best party is gonna be new years for sure, though.

Hanau
12-25-2009, 03:08 PM
This is the perfect opportunity for Junior to post those hot sister pics he's been promising us.

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Snowed in at the parents' house, eating, drinking, and watching the snow fall. Sounds like we'll end up with around 20" from this storm. Good thing I got some DVDs for presents. I'll have time to watch my whole Band of Brothers set by the time the weekend is over.

You will enjoy BOB. Wonderful series but sad as you get to know the characters.

We didn't get snow but we had 40 mph winds and cold weather.

Just sitting around, nursing a cold, 2/3 of kids here, other is out with boyfriend's family and the rest of us are just lounging by the fire. Think it's time for a nap. Gotta get feeling better for all the work I have lined up for January!

Tigerotor77W
12-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Yea to the 30+ MPH winds... it left some powder drifted here that was the best skiing snow I've ever seen. Too bad my parents' driveway is flat (and too short). :(

But damn. Freezing rain all Thursday and then around 10" of snow afterwards. Lots of AWD cars getting high-centered and unable to get traction back because of all the ice underneath.

corey4671
12-25-2009, 03:33 PM
went to the mother in law's yesterday morning for breakfast. MY parents last night for porkchops...mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Came home about 10 last night and finished up what Santa's elves didn't get assembled. Got in the bed around 12. 3 Year old woke up looking for Santa at 2. Took pictures and went back to bed. Got up at 9. I cooked breakfast. Been laying around all day. I think my parents and her mom are coming later on. Wife is cooking her homemade chicken noodle soup.

Been snowing on and off here all day. Mostly flurries. Not sticking. We go to her grandparents tomorrow for lunch. Helping a buddy cut firewood all week next week. Mother in law is getting married New Year's Eve.

mudmaker
12-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Yesterday I spent 12 hours moving snow, went to Church, dinner at brother in laws. This morning was the traditional Christmas morning and now we are about to eat prime rib Christmas dinner.

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!!

bobcat_ron
12-25-2009, 06:56 PM
This is what I did just this afternoon, just the Takeuchi and me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmnBzLPRCNY

JDSKIDSTEER
12-25-2009, 07:24 PM
This is what I did just this afternoon, just the Takeuchi and me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmnBzLPRCNY

Rob, The Takie ate that chair much better than a Cat would.

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2009, 07:41 PM
be honest, you peed on it, didn't you?

bobcat_ron
12-25-2009, 07:47 PM
be honest, you peed on it, didn't you?

No, but 2 out of the 4 cats that try to get a piece of my mom's cat's ass all pissed on it.

Scaping 4 Life
12-25-2009, 08:22 PM
^^ Your life sucks doesn't it ^^

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2009, 09:46 PM
No, but 2 out of the 4 cats that try to get a piece of my mom's cat's ass all pissed on it.

not much smells worse than cat pee! I do exactly what you do..smash stuff. I think I have used the new mini ex more for smashing than digging! i miss having metal tracks on my bobcat. those were great for demo! another thing that was fun was running my JD450 crawler/loader over furniture! I miss that machine!

Bleed Green
12-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Went to Grandaprents house to celebrate with one side of the family last night and then went to my uncles to celebrate with the other side this afternoon.
Its been a long few weeks, hopefully can chill tomorrow. Not too much snow this Christmas, I wouldn't even say a dusting, just some flurries for the most part.

DirtMerchant
12-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I went up Ledgeview in Abbotsford.

Tomorrow I'm going up sumas and hoping to have better luck with some tunnels.
Maybe get more then 2-300 feet under ground

bobcat_ron
12-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I went up Ledgeview in Abbotsford.

Tomorrow I'm going up sumas and hoping to have better luck with some tunnels.
Maybe get more then 2-300 feet under ground

Good luck, those tunnels are slowly collapsing from years of neglect.

DirtMerchant
12-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Good luck, those tunnels are slowly collapsing from years of neglect.

There used to be three layer vault shaft mines in that area but the entrance to the tunnels were all collapsed.

We got almost a mile underground in Hope a few weeks back.