PDA

View Full Version : customer looking for answers..

fildar
12-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Can someone help me with a simple question? I was just browsing for lawn maintenance service, and I ran across a question...What is "spring and fall cleanup", and what does it entail? Thanks in advance?

MJS
12-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Normally, spring and fall cleanup has to do with removing the leaves and dead plant material from the lawn and gardens. Some companies may also include services like dethatching, aerating, or dead-wooding shrubs and bushes.

Hope that answers your question.

Merry Christmas

93Chevy
12-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Generally, they include leaf removal from the lawn, flower beds, etc. It's also possible that cleanups entail aerating or dethatching, but those are often billed separate. Another possibility is fall pruning and the cutting of dormant ornamental grass.

Basically, just a property refreshment. Clean up and removal of debris.

93Chevy
12-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Normally, spring and fall cleanup has to do with removing the leaves and dead plant material from the lawn and gardens. Some companies may also include services like dethatching, aerating, or dead-wooding shrubs and bushes.

Hope that answers your question.

Merry Christmas

Wow, I must've hit "submit" seconds after you :laugh::laugh::waving:

MJS
12-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, I guess great minds think alike - glad I know what I'm talking about. . . :laugh:

clean_cut
12-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Lol, Merry CHRISTmas guys!

Perfect touch landscapes
12-26-2009, 12:28 AM
It can be hundreds of
things, fall is a messiest time a year and we all know one or two leafcleanups will not cut it. If you had indoor plant die whould you leave it there. As plants die they start to decompose, as they do that they change soil ph. Allot of plants don't like high or low ph. Leaves for example make your turf or beds very acidic. We all know even if you have one small tree with 5 leafs that's not all you will need to clean up, your neighbors mess blows in your yard 12 month a year. Gutters need to be cleaned at least once a year , depending how many trees surround property and how close they are to your gutters. Fall is best time to check your drainage . Where I live 80% of homes have improper grading or broken or cloves up down spout. Cleanning out all perrennials is highly recommended to eliminate insulation for bugs, desieses and so forth. For example cold doesn't kill fungus on most plants, it comes back with humidity and warm temperature.fall -spring best time to reshape trees, corect simetry,and simply control growth. Most people think when things go dormant you stop work, but allot of care is done when things are dormant. Replanting shrubs and trees that were planted to close to building is aslo a must.taking out all annuals after2 or 3 frost. Winterizing warerfeatures, iriggation. Turning over birdbaths. Closing all vents in the house. Overseeding and then winterizing turf . Vacuming lawn from all debris, leafs, corns, nuts and so forth. List goes on and on. We work 12 month a year and winter is easiest to get accounts do to allot of lco's not knowing their profession very well.
Posted via Mobile Device

SangerLawn
12-26-2009, 10:21 PM
You really need to consider going to work for someone else before advertising that you own a company

Kennedy Landscaping
12-27-2009, 01:06 AM
I prefer to personalize the service based on what the customer needs and wants done and when they would like it done.