PDA

View Full Version : Landscape trailer--best!!!

anectine
12-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Rank in quaility who makes the best landscape trailer:

(feel free to add opinions on each of the brands & what I should look for when comparing the different brands)

- trailmaster
- tiger trailers
- big tex
- texas bragg
- mammoth trailers

whitebp1
12-26-2009, 10:37 PM
hank williams trailers............http://www.hanktrailers.com
load trail www.loadtrail.com

Green Industry Pro
12-26-2009, 10:41 PM
The only brands off of your list I recognize are trailmaster and big tex.We have easy acces to Falcon,Big Tex,Top Hat,Pace American,Wells Cargo.I havnt looked at any in person ,but I am too wanting to buy one(maybe in a couple of years).Im looking toward Top Hat cause they're the easiest to get(closest outlet).I also have jockied between enclosed and open.I have decided on open w/4' sides(I wanted closed for secureness and weather protection but down here its really hot in summer/upwards of 100* some days and it would not have good ventilation among other cons).Here there a few guys that do what Im gonna do to solve open landscape trailer problems of theft and weather.Put a roof over the trailer and along with the high sides you wont have to worry bout theft or rain from above.Im also gonna carry some extra tarps so if rain is very heavy I can tie them to sides of trailer(great idea that saves a lot of money and weight)i thought this one up after watching what others here do and just thinking about the situation.I hope this helps and if you have any info you find,please let me know as Im in the hunt aswell.:usflag::usflag:

Puddle of Oil
12-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Big Tex, this will be my seventh year with my 03 BT, haven't had a single problem with it!(aside from a hole in the tire).

SNAPPER MAN
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Trailmaster's are very well made trailers. I bought one last summer and I have been very pleased with it. Their paint, welds, everything is better than most other brands. You get what you pay for.

LouisianaLawnboy
12-28-2009, 02:06 AM
I know Big Tex are pretty good solid trailers, may not be the best, but still a good trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

whitebp1
12-28-2009, 12:30 PM
The only brands off of your list I recognize are trailmaster and big tex.We have easy acces to Falcon,Big Tex,Top Hat,Pace American,Wells Cargo.I havnt looked at any in person ,but I am too wanting to buy one(maybe in a couple of years).Im looking toward Top Hat cause they're the easiest to get(closest outlet).I also have jockied between enclosed and open.I have decided on open w/4' sides(I wanted closed for secureness and weather protection but down here its really hot in summer/upwards of 100* some days and it would not have good ventilation among other cons).Here there a few guys that do what Im gonna do to solve open landscape trailer problems of theft and weather.Put a roof over the trailer and along with the high sides you wont have to worry bout theft or rain from above.Im also gonna carry some extra tarps so if rain is very heavy I can tie them to sides of trailer(great idea that saves a lot of money and weight)i thought this one up after watching what others here do and just thinking about the situation.I hope this helps and if you have any info you find,please let me know as Im in the hunt aswell.:usflag::usflag:

you mention an open with a top. there is a guy here in town i havent seen around in a while i wish i had gotten a pic of it because it was a good set up but anyhow he got a cattle/livestock trailer and uses that. its a gooseneck and of course has the top and all but is really open frame. he had someone make a ramp gate on the back and took the doors off. i looked at something like this. my only dowfall with that is the cost. a new cattle trailer can be expensive. It was similar to these http://www.cmtrailers.com/stock_gn_alu_aluext_steel.html more like the "roundup" or "brushbuster bt". A good idea at that, something to think about if you could find one used.