PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of my truck?

M&B LAWN CARE
12-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Do you think i should use this truck for my business or not? any advice is much appreciated.

hosejockey2002
12-26-2009, 08:47 PM
It all depends on what your needs are. For my needs, it would be worthless. For yours, it might be perfect.

JawZZ
12-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Do you think i should use this truck for my business or not? any advice is much appreciated.

Looks like a short bed half ton. What are you going to use it for?

IMO it would be pretty limited in use...... can't get much in the bed and can't pull a whole heck of a lot, but I see guys using Explorers and minivans so I guess you would be better off then they are.

Nice truck though.

JawZZ
12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
It all depends on what your needs are. For my needs, it would be worthless. For yours, it might be perfect.

You said what I was trying to say in fewer words. :)

M&B LAWN CARE
12-26-2009, 08:55 PM
do you think it would be an eye catcher for advertisement or not?

it is a 1/2 ton short bed ford, i've had it loaded down to the top of the bed done great.

JawZZ
12-26-2009, 08:59 PM
do you think it would be an eye catcher for advertisement or not?

I don't see anything that would catch a potential customers eye, unless you got a full truck wrap.

Omran&Turbo
12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
If it does the Job you wanted it to do, then it is a great truck, color also good.

M&B LAWN CARE
12-27-2009, 01:24 PM
thanks for all the imput on the truck, i was thinking the color was good for an eye catcher will put vinyl lettering on it soon.

STIHL GUY
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
with it all lettered up it will really stand out to customers

M&B LAWN CARE
12-27-2009, 09:35 PM
thanks stihl guy for the response, thats what i was thinking also, it might be a 1/2 ton truck but it gets the job done i don't need anything big

Mile_high
12-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Standard cab/long box/ 3/4 ton is ideal for almost anything, and can be had for under 4 grand a lot of times. But what really matters is your use. If it works, it works and you've already got it.

shawn d
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I personally would be a little worried about those tires if you are putting much in the bed, But other than that it should work for most of your needs.

Houstonarvizu
12-29-2009, 06:45 PM
It is a good truck, just to haul u around to do quick simple jobs, as long as u have a small trailer to haul equipment around like i do, i have a 93 chevy ex cab, 1/2 ton, it DID fine, but pretty soon all the nuts and bolts will be back together and will take another summer to put on the books

rcslawncare
12-30-2009, 03:43 AM
I think it is a sharp truck to do some lettering on for just a lawn care rig, but I don't think the rims are the best choice. I would put some stock rims with some 8 ply tires on it.

LindblomRJ
12-30-2009, 04:54 AM
I like the pickup. I have one similar to that. Mine is a fleetside long bed. The thing I really don't care for and kinda screams toy or car is the step side box. For any sort of real work a Step side sets you back as far as usefulness. A fleet side long beg can allow more storage to make it useful. Yes you may be able to tow a trailer. But there are times when loading up the box and dropping the trailer works well too. The stepside would hinder that.

M&B LAWN CARE
12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
here is the rough copy of the lettering for my pick up, i want to run it by you all to see what you thought about it before it's put on the truck?