PDA

View Full Version : door hangers and postcards/fliers

bulldogg
12-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I am looking for leads to good companies that can produce my doorhangers and postcards and fliers. Thanks

M&B LAWN CARE
12-27-2009, 02:18 PM
www.vistaprint.com thats where i got my postcards done at i just ordered 600 more for 40.00 hope this helps

brocklee
12-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi Mike,
What postcards did you get 600 for at $40.00. I don/t see anything on that site that cheap? Thanks for any help you can give me. Brocklee

SNAPPER MAN
12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
www.plan-itgraphics.com did all mine and they came out great. His prices are very reasonable.

Barefoot James
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
www.nextdayflyers.com
www.overnightprints.com

5000 post cards for under $160 full color 4x6 2 sides this includes the shipping to you!

Landscape Poet
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx

Used them last year and was really impressed with the quality of print I got from them.

M&B LAWN CARE
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
here is 2 of mine that is on order that i will get in jan.

i like them nice glossy finish, my website is through them, and i also get my shirts through them as well. hope this helps

hammanservicesllc
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
That a cool website Mike. Once you receive the postcards do you address them and take them to the post office for postcard rates? I am considering doing this myself. What advice do you have for me. Thanks!

bulldogg
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, I found my postcards at Tangoprint.com. They are full color and 2-sided, full gloss and uv coated. I got 5,000 for 119.00 and then the shipping will be 43.00. I should have them in a week or. I also went to 3000doorhangers.com and got 3000 door hangers, 2 color single sided for 179.00 and that includes the shipping. As far as the post cards I will hand them out door to door. I am going to target the higher income neighborhoods with them. I want to be able to make person to person interaction with the homeowners and have a very nice postcard to give them. My other areas I will use the doorhangers. Between the 5000 postcards and the 3000 doorhangers I hope to get some kind of response. I will post pictures of each when they come in.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-03-2010, 01:50 AM
thats not a bad deal, i might go check them out to, my post cards i will hand them out in the higher price neighborhoods,

bulldogg
01-03-2010, 09:01 AM
I had tried mailing fliers for fall clean-ups and after about 400.00 in stamps and all the trouble of addressing and stamping the envelopes and trips to the post office, I decided that was not the way for me. I am hiring a church group that will hang my doorhangers for me and what I will pay all of them is a fraction of what all the stamps would have cost me to mail the fliers. This will be my first full year in the business so I am flying by the seat of my pants and trying to find what works for me in my area.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-03-2010, 09:07 AM
first full year for me here as well, ashland ky is a small town don't know how well it is going to work, alot of people do this kind of work here and alot of them are illegal, no insurance, no nothing, so i don't plan on quitting my full time job anythime soon.

bulldogg
01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Sounds like my area. Lot of guys with trucks beat to hell and Wal-Mart push mowers and riders. There is also 3 large companies that has everything on lockdown but I have been hearing rumors for several years now about the bad quality and lack of customer service. i am hoping that my attention to detail and constant marketing will help me scrape together a good living. The potential is here I just have to let the people know that they can trust me to maintain their property.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
same as here there are 2 large companies that has alot of commercial and alot of residential, i did manage to get one of there commercial clients from them best western here in ashland, so kind of stoked about that job this spring.

LawnsRUsInc.
01-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey i have had no good luck with vistaprint cheap paper and 3000 doorhangers is easy to order but expensive. I got 4x6 UV coated postcards full color front and back for $150 mailed to the house. He also designed them so they look proffesional!! I used Blue Vista Printing www.bluevistaprinting.com my rep was Jason 262-719-8081

bulldogg
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
I paid 179.00 and that includes shipping, at 3000doorhangers.com . That may seem expensive to some people but locally I was quoted 119.00 for 500 and like 139.00 for 1000 doorhangers. I could not find a better price and plus I was in a time crunch and wanted the doorhangers now. I just got them today and they look great. Heavy paper and great looking,sharp printing. I do wished that they had the UV coating on them but I am happy with the price and what I received.

CkLandscapingOrlando
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Are they full color?

bulldogg
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
No, they are only 2 color.

Landscape Poet
01-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Are they full color?

Chuck, a new guy around here has starting up used this company, I know because this company actually printed there info on his flyer. These appear to be very basic flyers.
If you are looking for great quality full color look at the sight I posted. On business cards and possible door hangers someone suggested a site called www.gotprint.net I just recently ordered 1000 business cards from them for like $14, cards should be here Tuesday. Call me next week and I will let you know if the quality is good but they offer 5000 card for $38 so it is hard to go wrong, especially since I own all my own artwork so all they have to do is throw the bus card file on paper and make sure it is centered and hit the print button.

There door hangers here look like the would be a good price too but I am hesitant to move away from the company I suggested before and have used. The quality from them was great.

CkLandscapingOrlando
01-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Yea I got about 10 sites saved for printing. It has to be full color being that I use pics of my actual work. Plus very few landscapers do full color around here. As you know from our conversation I'm looking for 10-20,000 to put out this year and I'd rather not waste time with cheap ones. Post a link to where you got your's. Was it local or on the web?

Is your grass brown?

Landscape Poet
01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx

Used them last year and was really impressed with the quality of print I got from them.

Here you go Chuck - like I said I was happy with them and am actually getting ready to order this years round.

Here is a couple of pics of what I am playing around with this year for just the flyers, still have to get some of the wording changed around but I am pretty happy with the images at this poin - I will keep the door hanger just the same as last years only thing is it is changing to have monthly rates because you know how they are down here if they think they can get it weekly. :hammerhead:

Raymond S.
01-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Just a word of advice about printplace.com. I got 10k hangers from them last year and out of those I got about a dozen people complaining about them being "stuck" to their doors. Sure as chit I had to go out and physically scrape them off with hot water and a plastic scraper. Luckily only I was left with a slight residue which they said was no problem. I called printplace and basically was told I was insignificant as it was only a $1200 order which would not make or break their company. Bad customer service, cheap prices, the rest is really up to you.

SangerLawn
01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
I like the top 2 but would use the bottom one. The edging looks horrible and may run off the finicky customers

madmax
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Go to 3000doorhangers.com Cost you about 180.00 for 3000

Grass Shark
01-18-2010, 06:26 PM
www.monstergraphicdesign.com

Landscape Poet
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Just a word of advice about printplace.com. I got 10k hangers from them last year and out of those I got about a dozen people complaining about them being "stuck" to their doors. Sure as chit I had to go out and physically scrape them off with hot water and a plastic scraper. Luckily only I was left with a slight residue which they said was no problem. I called printplace and basically was told I was insignificant as it was only a $1200 order which would not make or break their company. Bad customer service, cheap prices, the rest is really up to you.

I do not order anything that sticks to the customers door for that reason - I just order the traditional door hanger. Sorry to hear about your experience with them being bad, but like I said I did not even know they made that kind now, but when I first seen other companies offering that stick type, I knew whoever put them up would be getting a call from some PITA.

Landscape Poet
01-19-2010, 12:13 AM
I like the top 2 but would use the bottom one. The edging looks horrible and may run off the finicky customers

I agree on the one with the lawn. I have a relative doing this work free for me from 1500 miles away so I can not complain too much. I will see if I can get some pictures of my lawns and get them to do the same deal. The just use stock photos because they own a newspaper.

The top two I think are best for my target customers anyway. The older couples who just do not want to fight the heat down here with the one flyer, and the other one I think will appeal to the typical suburban women who would rather spend their time shopping than attempting to care for their property. I think both give the customer something to the target customer without just offering the same old green lawn picture, will stand out during the spring green up season when people get tired of seeing lawn flyer after lawn flyer of green grass. Maybe just catching their attention for a second more than the typical flyers.

CkLandscapingOrlando
01-19-2010, 06:23 AM
They look good. Not your avg flier thats for sure. Will you be tracking which brings in the best return? I would like to know.

That price at 3000doorhangers is for 2 color yes? If so It's not for me.

Thanks Mike

Landscape Poet
01-21-2010, 11:52 PM
They look good. Not your avg flier thats for sure. Will you be tracking which brings in the best return? I would like to know.

That price at 3000doorhangers is for 2 color yes? If so It's not for me.

Thanks Mike

Actually I will be tracking Chuck as I plan on distributing most of them myself. Since my main target is in my neighborhood, I know what areas tend to have older residents and what areas tend to be more traditional homes.
I feel both will grab there attention since they will not be the typical lawn flyer that everyone down here gets buried with in the early spring.
I also have a neighbor who is disabled that has fallen behind on some of his bills. I agreed to let him halve $20 ( a great value for me as their is no direct cost for sure unless I land the account, and he was thrilled with) for every account he gets me from handing out fliers, so his will be tracked separate then mine (which will contain a area for me to put estimated monthly cost). So I should be able to narrow down if knowing the roughly if it fits into their budget make them more likely to bite or not.

Again in regard to your question about the 3000doorhangers.com - I do not and most likely will not use them as they are not full color - as you can see from my adds they are made to be full color and attention grabbers. I used these guys last year and will more than likely this year again. I was very happy with how vivid there print colors were relation to the originals, the quality of the card stock was much heavier and appeared better than a lot of the door hangers I normally see down here.
http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx (http://www.printplace.com/printing/door-hanger.aspx) last year

Landscape Poet
01-21-2010, 11:56 PM
On business cards and possible door hangers someone suggested a site called www.gotprint.net I just recently ordered 1000 business cards from them for like $14, cards should be here Tuesday.

Got my business cards I had ordered from www.gotprint.net - they are very good quality. Very good for the price!

Raymond S.
01-22-2010, 07:49 AM
I do not order anything that sticks to the customers door for that reason - I just order the traditional door hanger. Sorry to hear about your experience with them being bad, but like I said I did not even know they made that kind now, but when I first seen other companies offering that stick type, I knew whoever put them up would be getting a call from some PITA.

That's the point, I DIDN'T order the ones that stuck to the door. There was a reaction with the Aqueus coating they used. I had people calling bitching about the "stickers" I put on their door. At first I thought it was a joke, to my dismay it was not. Like I said, it could be an isolated incident but I wouldn't use them again just for this reason.