PDA

View Full Version : Taxes in NC for LLC

Hunter10
12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I have owned a lawncare company for 2 years now in North Carolina. My prior tax consultant told me to keep track of how much gas I use in the mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.(off-road use) vs. how much I use in the vehicles(on-road use). He indicated this was needed to get the proper refund/credits from the state and federal governments with regard to paying the highway use taxes when purchasing gas.

Problem is, my current tax consultant is telling me that lawn care providers are not eligible for this refund/credit. In reviewing the tax forms for NC, it appears that the form to use would be the GAS-1201 form but it doesn't specifically rule in, or out, lawncare or landscaping providers.

It would make sense that the gas purchased for use in my maintenance equipment would be eligible but I am not sure how to proceed.

Which/who is correct?:confused:

BrandonV
12-28-2009, 08:54 PM
you might be elligible but you'd probably wind up getting audited and that is always a loosing situation.

bohiaa
12-28-2009, 10:26 PM
a good place to go is your local web site,
I know it's difficult NOT to take the advice of professionals, BUT you had better do your own research, Remember this is what SUNK Willie Nelson.