PDA

View Full Version : Fecon FTX 90 Shreader

Dirtman2007
12-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Had the chance to play on this for a little while today, nice and smooth like my takkie. I liked!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Random%20Construction/DSC00242.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Random%20Construction/DSC00241.jpg

Video of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2-Yim5Nksg

Heavyduty1
12-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Whad it go for? Seem's like you can buy them fairly cheap now, but you need to have the work for it.:drinkup:

Digdeep
12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I recall one former owner up here refer to his Fecon as a "hydraulic sprinkler".
I thought it was kind of original :)

In theory it would seem to eliminate most if not all of the complaints many operators have with using CTLs for dedicated brush cutting applications except for the ability to switch attachments back and forth and use one where steel tracks pose a problem.

YellowDogSVC
12-29-2009, 05:22 AM
that machine looks like it was purpose built. seems like a lot of weight for 90 hp, though. How did it feel?
Looks a lot like the Rayco units?

I got up close and personal with one of those cutter heads recently. While I was impressed with the teeth crushing rocks as it mulched small trees, I am a much bigger fan of the spiral tooth design but that's for another discussion.

Mowingman
12-29-2009, 09:56 AM
I ran the larger Fecon 140 mulcher for 18 months. The Fecon you show there, as well as the 140 I operated, are repainted Rayco power units with Fecon heads. I have about 1800 hrs of seat time on a 140.
Fecon has had a lot of problems with the machines that Rayco provided, and Rayco machines are no better. Over the 18 months I had my leased unit, it needed about 20 factory modification/upgrades to keep stuff from breaking/falling apart. While the machine did a great job when running, those units from Rayco have many structural/hydraulic/engine design flaws. Some of the more serious include engine failures on Deutz-powered machines, fuel tank cracks, frame cracks, cab seal failures, electrical problems and lift arm failures.
Fecon is getting away from Rayco as a supplier and their newer models now use power units from another manufacrurer.
Unless you are a skilled mechanic, own a hydraulic hose shop, and have your own mechanic's tool truck, fully equiped, you should never buy one of the Fecon machines fuilt by Rayco. Thank God I did not go ahead and purchase the one I had out on lease.

Heavyduty1
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I ran the larger Fecon 140 mulcher for 18 months. The Fecon you show there, as well as the 140 I operated, are repainted Rayco power units with Fecon heads. I have about 1800 hrs of seat time on a 140.
Fecon has had a lot of problems with the machines that Rayco provided, and Rayco machines are no better. Over the 18 months I had my leased unit, it needed about 20 factory modification/upgrades to keep stuff from breaking/falling apart. While the machine did a great job when running, those units from Rayco have many structural/hydraulic/engine design flaws. Some of the more serious include engine failures on Deutz-powered machines, fuel tank cracks, frame cracks, cab seal failures, electrical problems and lift arm failures.
Fecon is getting away from Rayco as a supplier and their newer models now use power units from another manufacrurer.
Unless you are a skilled mechanic, own a hydraulic hose shop, and have your own mechanic's tool truck, fully equiped, you should never buy one of the Fecon machines fuilt by Rayco. Thank God I did not go ahead and purchase the one I had out on lease.

Oh yeah, I forgot that a dude on HEF had one and he went through a couple of motors before giving his back. Sounds like a deep money pit. Don't do it.:nono:

bobcat_ron
12-29-2009, 10:21 AM
You looked confused as to how the front door operates!!

AMCAT
12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Not to hijack this thread but has anyone run one of these ??

Dirtman2007
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
You looked confused as to how the front door operates!!

I was traped by safety, with the lapbar down and the seat belt on I couldn't reach the flipping door lol

ClearViewGroup
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
i will not hijack chris's thread but feel free to PM me for info on the supertraks and on the fecon carriers...i have seat time in both and plenty to say about it all!

chris you shoulda played with that feller buncher in the background!!

Junior M
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I was traped by safety, with the lapbar down and the seat belt on I couldn't reach the flipping door lol
Who wears a seatbelt!

Dirtman2007
12-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Who wears a seatbelt!

I had to wear it in order for it to start.

Junior M
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I had to wear it in order for it to start.
Ah, you gave in to the man and the system. GAY!

Dirtman2007
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Ah, you gave in to the man and the system. GAY!

and you pussied out and never showed up... where's dieselnut?? I needa scold him too for not showing:laugh:

Junior M
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
and you pussied out and never showed up... where's dieselnut?? I needa scold him too for not showing:laugh:
I had to work, unlike some people!

And he's out on a boat in the middle of the ocean wrestling a fish for beer money.. :laugh: