PDA

View Full Version : lanscape software - recommendation?

zcases
05-23-2002, 12:37 PM
Looking for feedback on reasonable priced landscape design software packages. Anything out there worth buying?

Catcher
05-23-2002, 03:23 PM
You may want to try some 'shareware' or 'freeware', allowing you to get an idea of what you may be buying. A few years back I bought several programs, a cheap one and was a bit more expensive. Both of them were worthless, requiring too much time to input everything you already have. Then there were issues with having limited selection of plants, colors, building styles etc. etc.
Coming to think of it though, the cheaper one actually simulated plant-growth over the years so you could 'see' what it might look like down the road.
I don't recall the names of the products anymore. Just look for good selectability (plants, buildings, boulders, waterfeatures, changes in elevation, etc.) within the software.
And, like I mentioned, most of the time you can get a demo to see what you're spending your money on first.
Good luck

dwost
05-30-2002, 09:03 AM
Here's what I've bought. I've not figured it all out but you can do a ton with it. I picked it up at OfficeMax for $70. It even allows you to upload a foto of your house to see what it looks like and it too shows plant growth from year to year. Puch has alot of different variations.

http://www.punchsoftware.com/masterland.htm