PDA

View Full Version : mini forwarder

coopers
12-30-2009, 05:33 AM
This is kinda cool concept but the boom and stuff look week. Sure seems to drive okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HyLsgFdEpU&feature=player_embedded#

nedly05
12-30-2009, 06:33 AM
I WANT ONE!!!! I'm sure it has its place in forestry with all of the emphasis on low impact work these days. I'm Impressed!

Junior M
12-30-2009, 08:28 AM
That would be awesome for selectively timber a section of woods.

It'd pretty much eliminate the need for anything other than that machine in the woods. So less is torn up and destroyed..

Gravel Rat
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
That would be good for high grade selective logging for anybody that is in the small sawmill business. If say your going into a area and selecting high end furniture grade wood. Your taking down one large tree you get it down cut it with a Alaskan Mill into cants and haul them out of the bush.

You can have a tree that is worth 10 grand or more because it is a tight grain or it has special properties about it that makes it valuable.

stuvecorp
12-31-2009, 02:51 AM
That is cute. I like it though, go cruising around the woods.:)

Ozz
12-31-2009, 03:11 PM
If I can put a shelf and a toolbox for 2-3 saws and a couple chains & bars,and a mini ex (with a 2nd operator), say a 70/80 or even 135 size or CTL for pulling logs out of brush & getting then to a road,You could be pretty effiecent to selectively harvest smaller logs like up to 20" or so high-grade maple or cherry. You could also do like GR said with the alaskan mill You'd just have to be careful of strapping the boards down.. You'd have on guy cutting and hoe-chucking and another guy hauling the logs out. It would be even more effiecent eith a 3 man crew, one guy hauling,one on the hoe,one cutting. Just a thought..

Gravel Rat
12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
There are lots of companies that are just after the hardwoods and not interested in anything else and you really don't want to skid higher value wood.

YellowDogSVC
12-31-2009, 09:30 PM
man that thing can climb!

J. Peterson Grading
01-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Has any one heard of BioFuel Harvesting? That would be perfect for that. You could use that in a timber with homes in or around it, and not tear up all that much.

Forrest floor clean ups would go so smooth with something lilke that, you could eliminate mopre than 50% of the clean up damage, or could contain it to certain areas.

I have though of the need for a machine like this, but my lack of funds for development has kept it to just a thought.

J.

RedRebel
01-01-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xis5rM5HS5Y&feature=related
Its even a mini ADT

tnmtn
01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
i like it as a mini dump, wonder how much weight it can carry.

Gravel Rat
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I think the biggest limitation is the tires they look like ATV tires what are they good for 1500-2000lbs each. I don't know what they use to drive the wheels are they chains in the walking beams or hydraulic drive motors.

Interesting little machine forsure.