PDA

View Full Version : For those that use computer to help design

VO Landscape Design
12-30-2009, 02:36 PM
I currently use Pro landscape to help design/presentation. Is there a light pen or similar device to use to actually draw on a picture in detail like hand drawing. Pro Landscape does a good job with plants but I would like to free hand draw on a picture of the clients project. I could freehand draw on paper but with the actual background of the property it would give them a better idea of what it looks like in their landscape and be able to erase/change a lot easier and also be able to import the plants with Pro landscape if need be. I have heard of the Tablets or similar but would this work?
Thanks
VO

tadpole
12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
You can do this using Corel Graphic Suite, but you must have the tablet also. You can't use the Pro Landscape Image library however.( At least not with any ease.) Offer this as a suggestion to Drafix for incorporation into a future Pro Landscape Version.

VO Landscape Design
01-01-2010, 12:21 AM
You can do this using Corel Graphic Suite, but you must have the tablet also. You can't use the Pro Landscape Image library however.( At least not with any ease.) Offer this as a suggestion to Drafix for incorporation into a future Pro Landscape Version.
Will check that out. Could work on in corel save as jpg and then import and work on in pro Landscape.
Thanks
VO

White Gardens
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Will check that out. Could work on in corel save as jpg and then import and work on in pro Landscape.
Thanks
VO

That's what I end up doing. I either do my drafix stuff first, export it, and work with it in Artweaver, or vise-versa.

tadpole
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Had not heard of Artweaver before. Have downloaded the Free version and will try it. I have found that each of these photo editing softwares have some little feature that the others don't have. I now have 4 with the addition of Artweaver. I can do almost anything to a photo and all of the softwares were free. Why buy Photoshop?

VO Landscape Design
01-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Downloaded Artweaver, will give it a try.
VO

White Gardens
01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
It's OK, not the greatest but free. I can re-size images and adjust the contrast and colors real easily.

Here is where I originally found it.

http://www.komando.com/

Her site has all the recommended free software. I've listened to her radio show occasionally and she seems good at what she does.

Where all these companies get you is when they want to package everything into one program instead of having to have 5 different programs to do things such as; anit-virus programs, spy-ware, registry cleaners, firewall, etc....

tadpole
01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
The feature in Artweaver that immediately got my attention is the perspective grid. The fact that it is editable leads me to believe that it can be used to approximate depth measurements in a photo. If it can, then, along with the digital ruler and digital protractor (other programs I already have), fairly accurate measurements can be inferred on a 2D photo in the initial free-hand design stage.

White Gardens
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Ya it's got a couple of cool features like that. I haven't played around with it too much, but the one thing I've had problems with is drawing shapes and text in the pictures.

If I recall I think I had to keep flattening the picture in order to get it to work correctly.

tadpole
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
For free hand drawing w/o a tablet and for adding text, I haven't found any program better than Faststone. (And it's also free!!).