PDA

View Full Version : Got a Mr Clean Autodry

Gravel Rat
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
It is a car wash tool I got it for a Xmas present and I used it today. Well I have to say it does work well. It was raining so I didn't try the drying feature.

My truck is a 03 F-450 so its no luxury wagon. I wanted to get the salt grime washed off . Having the soap in the washing wand saves me moving a bucket around. I use a soft RV brush to wash the truck it works good on a long handle so I don't need to bend over.

Anybody that doesn't like washing vehicals like I do this Mr Clean thing works it was quicker than washing with a bucket with soap in it.

www.canadiandriver.com/2004/09/02/product-review-mr-clean-autodry.htm

WH401
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
When I first got my former 04' Dodge, I originally was using one of those Mr. Clean thing's to wash it too. There nice, like you said, because the soap and rinse water is all in one nozzle, which is a really great tool when your washing as big a vehicle as a truck. The problem though, is that the soap that is used in the Mr. Clean is nothing more than dish soap. The problem with that is that it doesn't have that wax base to it that say Meguiars, Mother's, Turtle Wax, or Black Magic car washes do. That wax base helps prevent scratches and swirls, while leaving a very, very slight coat of wax on the paint at the same time, something that the Mr. Clean's soap solution definitely doesn't do. After my experiences with the Mr. Clean, and the effect that it had on the paint of my 04' Dodge, namely the severely noticeable swirls and lack of any left-behind protection, I decided to only use dedicated car wash solutions after that. So far I've only washed my 06' Dodge w/ either Black Magic or Meguiar's NXT car wash solutions, and because of it the paint on the 06' is in a noticeable better condition than the 04's when I sold it. But, for washing a work truck, or one that already has its fair share of battle scars, it's a pretty nice tool.

Gravel Rat
12-30-2009, 11:05 PM
I wash my truck once every couple months I may wash my 450 4 times a month at the most :laugh:

unkownfl
12-30-2009, 11:09 PM
My clean auto dry sucked for me. It seemed like I had to put a new filter in it every time to not have spots. Now I have R/O D/I filter system for my fish so I fill up about ten gallons and rinse my truck off with it no spots and no hand drying.