PDA

View Full Version : truck bed options

Frontier-Lawn
12-30-2009, 06:13 PM
ok i about tired with my leer bed cover, i can only put so much landscape waste in it before it wont close. now i can take IT OFF, but if i need to pickup my daughter from school with her wheel chair. i have to put it in the bed and need a cover to protect it from rain, but don't what the hassle of a soft snap bed cover either. plus i would would like the use of the stake pockets if i need to put on/buy aluminum stake sides for more capacity. any one have ideas?

unkownfl
12-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Are you talking about a leer topper or a cover?

Frontier-Lawn
12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you talking about a leer topper or a cover?

sorry reg flat bed cover

unkownfl
12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Why not go to a topper instead then? Would give you another 3 ft or so height wise.

Frontier-Lawn
12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Why not go to a topper instead then? Would give you another 3 ft or so height wise.

i thought of that but not so good via roof issues and it would be harder at dump with only 1 way to get crap out

STIHL GUY
12-31-2009, 12:12 AM
with a cap on the truck it is very hard to load/ unload grass clippings plus you can never get every last bit out so whats left decomposes and smells really bad

Frontier-Lawn
12-31-2009, 12:27 AM
what i like is:
1)the roll and lock but wish it had a tool box and it blocks the front stake pockets

2)the diamond back bed covers but 1 it blocks all pockets, 2 its either on or off but easyer to take off then the solid leer one

3)a soft one that does not snap or zip, you can stand on that also lifts like a hard one does.