PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice from the more knowledgeable

RazorSharp123
12-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey guys I just started up my lawn care business roughtly 6 months ago late in summer season. I have already gathered about 16 contract clients and and looking any and all advice when it comes to priceing sod jobs. How do you go about bidding them especially for patch work. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks everyone

RigglePLC
12-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I suggest for simplicity: A dollar per minute for your time, plus materials cost. Include delivery if you pay for that, or if you have to go pick up the sod. Preparation time is costly but necesary; don't do it for free. If you use machinery--charge for machine time--maybe 25 cents per minute--so that when it is time to replace the machine you will have paid for it and all the repairs and fuel it needed.

bohiaa
12-31-2009, 04:45 PM
depending on where you can get the sod from. we charge 225.00 a palet.
now if you order more than 5 it's cheeper.

being in the business I can purchase for 72.00 a palet.
the other charge is for drive time and laying the sod.

hope this helps

RazorSharp123
01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
thanks dave that was helpfull i can get a palet for 99.00 which is what im thinking is what i will need to do the patch work that i am looking for and I am almost certain that it gets delivered for free for that price as well. What do you usually charge hourly cause i heard its a dollar a min for labor and i dont remember what else it was

RazorSharp123
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
thanks bud i appreciate it what would you say would be a fair price to charge for prep work because I know it is necessary an timely but is very much required to do the job properly.