PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up aeration plugs on golf green

ArTurf
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
I would like suggestions on picking up the plugs on a golf green. I assist the local superintendent with advice on turf care and he gives me advice also. When I aerate lawns I just leave the plugs and let them break down naturally which is probably what most of you do. This is not an option of greens as they must be somewhat playable afterward.

shiveslandcsaping
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
You push them to the edge of the green with snow shovels and then into piles around the green and pick them up from there or you purchase a core harvester. I was an assistant super at Pinehurst Country Club in Pinehurst ,NC.

starry night
12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I was an assistant super at Pinehurst Country Club in Pinehurst ,NC.

I guess you won't get any more expert advice than that.

(shives: Is your username spelled the way you intend?)

shiveslandcsaping
12-31-2009, 05:16 PM
I guess you won't get any more expert advice than that.

(shives: Is your username spelled the way you intend?)

No my fingers didnt follow my brain when I signed up and I didnt proof read it after. LOL Ive never changed it. When I first tried logging on afterwards I couldnt figure out why I couldnt LOL.

starry night
12-31-2009, 07:16 PM
No my fingers didnt follow my brain when I signed up and I didnt proof read it after. LOL Ive never changed it. When I first tried logging on afterwards I couldnt figure out why I couldnt LOL.

:) I can imagine your surprise when it wouldn't accept "......landscaping". Funny story.

David Grass
12-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Even the Dyslexic pray to the same Dog we do.