PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Alabama

AWilsonCreativeServices
12-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey everybody-
I found this incredible resource by accident; I think I had googled "commercial mowers" or something of the like.

My name is Alex Wilson, and I am a student at the University of Alabama (Roll Tide Roll; we'll see you Texas boys soon enough. You Florida folks, I finally heard confirmation that Urban Meyer had a heart attack when he thought too hard about playing Alabama on SEC Championship gameday). I am, finally, officially licensed and commercially insured as a landscaper and lawn care professional in Tuscaloosa, AL, after having cut a few yards and done some landscaping all throughout high school (well, they say I'm a professional. In their books, atleast).

I currently have 5 lawns I cut, and alot of landscaping. Looking to expand to 20-30 lawns total for this summer (I go to school full-time) to give me that solid foundation for paying all these dang bills! The information and advice I have read on this forum has been invaluable, and I hope I can advise and receive help now that I'm a member.

T.M. LAWNS
12-31-2009, 07:16 PM
Welcome Alex.:drinkup:

DLAWNS
12-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the site...any questions just ask!

JFGauvreau
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the site and good luck to you!

BearWise Landscapers
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Despite your Roll Tide comments, I still welcome you to the website. Enjoy the forums...

AWilsonCreativeServices
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Mr. Roberts-
Too bad you don't carry any insurance in Alabama. I know of more than a few landscape/lawncare contractors here who could use someone who caters specifically to the needs of a rather narrow genre.

BearWise Landscapers
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I am licensed to sell insurance in Alabama, but we are holding off writing it there for another year until we can do our market research. I want to be confident that our insurance carriers are as competitive on their rates in Alabama as they are in Florida before we start reaching out to landscapers in that state. Otherwise, we would just be wasting their time putting together quotes. I will let you know when we open up in Alabama. You can still feel free to ask me any insurance questions you may have and check out the general insurance tips and advice on the BearWiseLandscapers.com website.

I actually went to college in Birmingham at Samford University. I had some good times in Tuscaloosa and I hope you beat Texas in the championship game.

g21
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Let me know if there is anything you need help with.

Tommy