PDA

View Full Version : 2010 "The Year of Promise"

AWJ Services
12-31-2009, 09:59 PM
2009 was a decent year but with the loss of my Mother this summer I am glad to put it in the books.

I also want to take time to thank everyone here at Lawnsite for sharing there vast knowledge and experience which has helped my company grow beyond my expectations.

So what are your resolutions for the new year and what are the plans to get your company jump started for the new year!

stuvecorp
12-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom AWJ, I know it's part of life but still difficult to go through.

Marketing is the word for the new year, I have a couple things I want to be more efficient but I need to be 'selling' more.

mudmaker
12-31-2009, 10:34 PM
I am thankful to have survived 2009!!! Was laid off in March, but thankfully I didn't sell my tools and equipment when I moved to Colorado in 08.

2010 my goal is get my business plan in order and stick to it. I have ended up self employed as a means of survival more or less and need to get a plan together on how to make 2010 more than just a survival mission and build this new venture!!LOL!

ioilyouin
12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Diversification is my goal for 2010. Without it I'll be in a worse place than I was in '09.

tallrick
12-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Most likely due to a change in the program I will lose my teaching job at the college. However, I have been doing side jobs repairing equipment, network servers and rewinding electric motors. Most likely I will start my new company in recycling/biofuels. Maybe even getting back to my past digging out for driveways and drilling post holes.

Omran&Turbo
12-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Good evening evryone, for me I don't like to be negative,but 2009 was the worst year since I started my little excavating/Grading business in 04. Ofcourse we don't need to go over all the BS we already know, the good thing for me that I own my equipments and I have some debt,but not like before,THANKS GOD, I am planing on expanding my business to small things and to the finest details, so I am going to get a mowing line of service, to let it go with my other things, last summer alot of my customers(landscape clients) were asking me about cutting thier grass, so I am almost there, I have all the small tools,the only thing I really need is a zt mower and a smaller trailer, my 25' goosneck will be real big for a mower :laugh: :laugh:
So if things goes well as planned, I a hoping to get an enclosed 17' trailer and fix myself a nice little mowing business.

I wish all of you guys the Best of Luck in 2010 and to stay all healthy and happy.
God bless.

Omran

Gravel Rat
12-31-2009, 11:27 PM
For myself I would like to see 2010 better I'am sick of this recession. Hoping to see people start spending money again.

Untill people start spending money nothing is going to happen, right now it doesn't matter what you do if people are not hiring anybody to work on their property or do jobs for them.

Junior M
12-31-2009, 11:44 PM
well 09 was officially horrible, didnt see a pool all year. Didnt do jack for that contractor in fact..

Did get into some new work and got some experience. Not near enough, but some..

This year, well with the new job I dont know what its going to do. But its not going to change from this year. I'll just let things roll..

YellowDogSVC
01-01-2010, 12:13 AM
AWJ... My condolences.

2009 sucked. The weather sucked. My health has sucked and work sucked. If it sucked any more, I'd change careers but the bright side is it can only get better from here. I can take charge of my own health and though I can't stop a recession on my own, I now know what it takes to survive a downturn when your competitors are auctioning their equipment off.

Here's to the Good Lord continuing to provide through the tough times as well as the good. Here's to good friends, good food, and good conversation. 2010, I'm going to hit the ground running on Monday, coughing or not...and I am going to keep doing a good job until someone notices!

stuvecorp
01-01-2010, 12:36 AM
AWJ... My condolences.

2009 sucked. The weather sucked. My health has sucked and work sucked. If it sucked any more, I'd change careers but the bright side is it can only get better from here. I can take charge of my own health and though I can't stop a recession on my own, I now know what it takes to survive a downturn when your competitors are auctioning their equipment off.

Here's to the Good Lord continuing to provide through the tough times as well as the good. Here's to good friends, good food, and good conversation. 2010, I'm going to hit the ground running on Monday, coughing or not...and I am going to keep doing a good job until someone notices!

No Doubt! Keep kickin' 'em in the teeth.:weightlifter:

Gravel Rat
01-01-2010, 12:46 AM
For us here its been a good weather year no snow to slow things down the rain doesn't bother progress. It is miserable to work in the rain.

I guess the Canadian gov't will do something when people run out of money to pay taxes. Once the new HST comes in which is a tax that will be 13% tax on everything you sell or buy. Any services you provide you have to charge the customer 13% tax.

Say you do a 10,000 dollar job you have to add 1300 dollar of tax ontop of it. So the gravel you bought the gov't got the HST off of that. You bought 1000 dollars in gravel the gov't got 130 dollars in tax off of it. Off of one job the gov't got 1430 dollars worth of tax money.

Go out for lunch say it costs you 15 dollars then you add 1.95 in tax your lunch just cost you 16.95 where as now 16 dollars.

The stupid Canadian gov't wants the gov't to improve quit taxing the people to phucking death. It is said 50% of your wages goes to paying taxes.

A friend of mine that owns a restaurant says this new tax will kill the restaurants.

For us B.C. people like Ron and I and the others here we won't know what will happen with this province after February. Do you when the Olympics happen in February the security costs for each athlete is 2000 dollars a day. For the 14 day event each athlete costs the BC tax payer 28,000 dollars times 200 athletes.

So after February 2010 you may see this province turn into a huge recession.

SpecOne
01-01-2010, 12:58 AM
2009, well it wasn't the worst year, but not the best either. I was able to complete some jobs that will bring me work in the future, and that's always a good thing.

2010 will see me sticking to what I'm doing because for the most part it's working. Definitely will have to be looking at some equipment purchases because I've got some pieces that I need to cycle out. So we'll see what happens.

I wish each and everyone of you good luck and success with the coming year in your work and your family! I truly enjoy interact with each of you. It makes me better at my business, and I hope I can do the same!

God Bless!!

Sam_French
01-01-2010, 01:30 AM
To be honest I am just happy to have a place to live. I bought my little machine and rebuild able trailer. Just saving to refinance the house in April. I work a full time job doing this on the side.

Then its time to see how big of a mess I can make out of my yard. Only way to learn I guess ;)

Start working on getting me a Miss's.

God Bless you all.

Sam

YellowDogSVC
01-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Start working on getting me a Miss's.

God Bless you all.

Sam

Well, start saving now. Their rear ends go after a few years, they need lifts, tucks, and lots of attention, and they need servicing frequently. Kind of like buying a Bobcat but at the end of the day a Bobcat made you money.. :) shhh..my wife isn't looking over my shoulder is she?."No, honey, I'm not writing to the guys about you".... :laugh:

Fieldman12
01-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Well, 2009 was horrible for me. My grandpa died, uncle died, a friend shot and killed himself, I was laid off in September, and me and my girlfriend decided to split up. There was a list of other things that went wrong this year also but I wont go into that. Amazingly though the bobcat has kept me going. As for 2010 I plan on getting a new woman and hope to find more bobcat work.

Bleed Green
01-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Most likely due to a change in the program I will lose my teaching job at the college. However, I have been doing side jobs repairing equipment, network servers and rewinding electric motors. Most likely I will start my new company in recycling/biofuels. Maybe even getting back to my past digging out for driveways and drilling post holes.

Thats a very wide range of things you covered there.

Bleed Green
01-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Well, 2009 was horrible for me. My grandpa died, uncle died, a friend shot and killed himself, I was laid off in September, and me and my girlfriend decided to split up. There was a list of other things that went wrong this year also but I wont go into that. Amazingly though the bobcat has kept me going. As for 2010 I plan on getting a new woman and hope to find more bobcat work.

Good luck this year man, all you can do is stay strong and keep trudging forward.

Junior M
01-01-2010, 04:02 AM
always remember this one statement if you dont remember any of my wise words:

If its got tits or tires, it'll cost you money!

T.M. LAWNS
01-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Well, start saving now. Their rear ends go after a few years, they need lifts, tucks, and lots of attention, and they need servicing frequently. Kind of like buying a Bobcat but at the end of the day a Bobcat made you money.. :) shhh..my wife isn't looking over my shoulder is she?."No, honey, I'm not writing to the guys about you".... :laugh:

Very true!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::drinkup:

RockSet N' Grade
01-01-2010, 08:34 AM
2009 for me was one tough SOB........I am happy to be here. I had major surgery and almost left this planet, my Dad had heart attack with major surgery, business was flat or I was flat on my back and could not work and it is cut throat out there. I remain optimistic and am preparing to get my fair share of what is out there next year. Marketing and relationships are my priority. I am already working with a landscape contractor who is bidding 10-15 jobs.....I hope to do his excavating and hauling. I will be doing mailers, cold calls and handing out alot of flyers and cards. I will continue to look for niche areas to fill. I have gotten into snow removal this winter for commercial pushers and salters and it is working out well. Being diversified and having the tools/implements to get er done, in my mind, is key. I will be listening closely to "needs" and see if I can fill some of those. I recently bought a commercial snow blower for my skid that loads trucks - already have work for that. I do not know the answer.......they keep moving the dart board, so it is hard to find the target. My senses tell me 2010 is going to be a tough one......real tough with lower prices across the board, more people not paying, collecting will be harder than this year and work will be scarce with higher prices for oil related products (fuel, grease, etc.). I most appreciate being a part of this group......it allows me a place to let off steam, share ideas, listen to others and learn and I have made a friend or two. I wish you all well. Success to all. "Us guys" that actually work for a living are what this country is all about......Strap in, cinch-er-down, let it rip.......bring it on!

RockSet N' Grade
01-01-2010, 08:38 AM
and by the way.........what Junior says is TRUE.....anything with t's and tires will cost. My mechanic put it nicely the other day......The best days of a truckers life are the day he bought the truck and the day he sold it........kinda goes along the same lines with split tails and tires.

AWJ Services
01-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I am really sorry to hear about the losses people have suffered last year. It can be devastating. Health problems can be equally as tough.

2006 started the finacial despair here with the fallout from the building industry followed with a state wide watering ban and with what appears to be a glimmer of hope in 2009. Some of you guys may be a year behind us( when it hit you ) but I see light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been Promised everything by our wonderful new President so maybe it's time I get it?

The only advice I can give you on a woman is go for one that has a good job!
It helps lower overall operating expenses!

Construct'O
01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Junior you forget one! "if it's tires,tracks or T's it's TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we need to add trucks for Rock:confused:

Rock sounds like a tuff year.Hope you got the health issues worked out.One on my biggest fear health issues at my age:rolleyes:

As for family lost my oldest brother last year i'm the youngest(62 1/2):cry: He helped me get into construction running heavy equipment.

In 1999 got a divorce(ex run off with the hired man that hurt in it's shelf) married 27 faithful years.So now here it is 2009,sorry 2010.It has taking 10 long years to get back on my feet to where i was,with a lot of help from friends and family.Then throw in luck!!!!!

As for 2009 it has been good,i took some big chances this year and took on everything under moon it seemed.Become a saleman in a tuff time,truned out in my favor this time.

Not always how good we are! It comes down too, we all need a little luck at the right time in our lives.

Anyway updated my equipment,things are setting ready to go if we get an early start this new year.Hoping for early spring!

Weather has been my biggest issue the last two years,for trying to get any thing done,but has also made for work,so can't cus it completely:laugh:

Good times has been awhile coming on my end,but i never gaveup.You just got to keep the faith and keep moving on.Yeah it's 2010,just seems like yesterday it was year 2000!!!!!!!!!!! Remember everything was going to stop computers was going to shut down,couldn't comput pass 1999.

Now 10 years into the new millinium:) live goes on??????:usflag:

Construct'O
01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
O'yeah almost forgot got a new women in my life here name is Alberta:cool2: I'm hoping we get along:)!!!!!!!!!!! If not could be a tuff 2010.

She actually came from Canada:canadaflag::) Ron and GR let her slip through there fingers.Maybe they know something i don't:confused::usflag:

bobcat_ron
01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
O'yeah almost forgot got a new women in my life here name is Alberta:cool2: I'm hoping we get along:)!!!!!!!!!!! If not could be a tuff 2010.

She actually came from Canada:canadaflag::) Ron and GR let her slip through there fingers.Maybe they know something i don't:confused::usflag:

She's got a terrible case of crabs with herpes.

I gave it to her.

Good luck! :cool2:

Tigerotor77W
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
AWJ -- sorry to hear about your mother. :(

It's a relief that all you guys are still posting here. I don't agree with 100% of the opinions 100% of the time, but you guys are always a hoot. I don't run a business (as many of you know), but as AWJ said, I still learn a whole s(&$-ton. Keep up the good work, because it's yours that drives the American economy. Hopefully 2010 will give y'all a chance to get even better!

:usflag:

YellowDogSVC
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I know some guys have had a great year in 2009 while others have suffered through a tough one. I am a firm believer, and I have to reaffirm every single day, that the Good Lord will never allow a door to be closed without first opening another door. You do not have to be overly religious to see that there is greatness and good beyond what man can affect. It does take faith, though, to let go of the hurt and take those first steps into the unknown. I do believe in miracles but I believe they happen in small doses. Think about being in the right place at the right time or the time you lost a bid only to pick up something much better that would have conflicted with your first desire. I do believe in the supernatural...seen way too many coincidences to think otherwise. My faith doesn't preclude me from worry, negative feelings, or suffering but it does help me to at least try and think positive. With that said, I hope and expect 2010 to be an improvement for many of us. For those of you that have really been down, I hope things change in your favor quickly..

Construct'O
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Look out GR !!!!!! Hope Ron and you arn't sharing:hammerhead:

Ron! couldn't be my Alberta,she's a sweety:) Beside she got a clean bill of health when she came across the :canadaflag:border.Other then having to work on her tail:laugh:she's good too go:usflag:

Sam_French
01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Yellowdog

I really enjoyed your post about BC's. Got a GOOD laugh with that.

Your second post about being in faith. Sir you have a lot of insight. That in it self is
a blessing.

Have a nice day.

God Bless,

Sam

Fieldman12
01-01-2010, 02:35 PM
As we all can see it's been a roungh year for allot of people especially on here. I appreciate all the advice people have given on here. I have learned allot and feel more and more confident each job I do and more I learn on here. As other have basically said on here things cannot stay bad forever. People often think that when things are good it will stay that way forever and when things are bad things stay bad forever. Every thing runs usually in cycles and sometimes it's based on some of the decisions we make. Other issues such as the loss of a family member or friend we cannot control. One thing is for sure no matter what I intend to live a happy life and I think that is what most on here desire. I feel if that is what you seek things will come your way in time. :)

mudmaker
01-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I know some guys have had a great year in 2009 while others have suffered through a tough one. I am a firm believer, and I have to reaffirm every single day, that the Good Lord will never allow a door to be closed without first opening another door. You do not have to be overly religious to see that there is greatness and good beyond what man can affect. It does take faith, though, to let go of the hurt and take those first steps into the unknown. I do believe in miracles but I believe they happen in small doses. Think about being in the right place at the right time or the time you lost a bid only to pick up something much better that would have conflicted with your first desire. I do believe in the supernatural...seen way too many coincidences to think otherwise. My faith doesn't preclude me from worry, negative feelings, or suffering but it does help me to at least try and think positive. With that said, I hope and expect 2010 to be an improvement for many of us. For those of you that have really been down, I hope things change in your favor quickly..

Well said!

ARP
01-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I second that, Yellowdog :drinkup:

Dirtman2007
01-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Its been a interesting year for sure. First part was slow but then I landed a 3 month horse farm project that kicked us into full steam. After that in mid april most of the large machines were not used much but we were really busy running the smaller equipment. towards fall we started a few large jobs that finished the year off on a good note. I will say without having the smaller equipment to diverisfy our work it would have been a little rough. Now with most of the equipment paid for its not as rough when it sits for a couple weeks. All in all its been a good year. 2010's is looking to be about the same at the moment.

YellowDogSVC
01-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Yellowdog

I really enjoyed your post about BC's. Got a GOOD laugh with that.

Your second post about being in faith. Sir you have a lot of insight. That in it self is
a blessing.

Have a nice day.

God Bless,

Sam

thanks. I have had to relearn how to think... I used to think a lot like my friend GR. :hammerhead:

AWJ Services
01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
thanks. I have had to relearn how to think... I used to think a lot like my friend GR. :hammerhead:

I do not think this site could stand any more of GR's thinking.:drinkup:

mrusk
01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
The economy is NOT going to improve in 2010. However we can all still have good a year if we work smart enough.

AWJ Services
01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
The economy is NOT going to improve in 2010. However we can all still have good a year if we work smart enough.

I hope for a stabilization of the economy so to speak and I really do not expect an improvement in the markers that the economy is measured by such as unemployment, home foreclosures, etc.

It will never be what it has been during the era of free loans that spurned an artrificial growth in the economy but I think we are getting closer to what the economy was here 15 years ago.

bobcat_ron
01-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I hope for warm temperatures and rain in February and more booze to drown out all the Donald Sutherland voice over 2010 Olympic commercials on TV every damn day.

RESIST 2010 B*TCHES!!!!!

stuvecorp
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I actually am fine with things going back to 'normal'. I also think there is less guys going after the work so that should stabilize things as well.

'09 was also a bad year for the cuties, '10 has to be better.:)

Gravel Rat
01-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I hope for warm temperatures and rain in February and more booze to drown out all the Donald Sutherland voice over 2010 Olympic commercials on TV every damn day.

RESIST 2010 B*TCHES!!!!!

So you would like to see all the snow on Whistler Mountain to melt and dissapear :laugh:

The 2010 Olympics is nothing but a huge money looser in my mind the dumb Liberal gov't is putting this province into the ground.

As for the economy in Canada mainly in B.C. I sure hope the h*ll it improves. The people around here are getting worried they can't go through another year of barely any work. Of course the provincial gov't doesn't give a chit.

I'am surprised nobody hasn't pulled a Kennedy on Gordon Campbell.

Junior M
01-02-2010, 06:39 PM
So you would like to see all the snow on Whistler Mountain to melt and dissapear :laugh:

The 2010 Olympics is nothing but a huge money looser in my mind the dumb Liberal gov't is putting this province into the ground.

As for the economy in Canada mainly in B.C. I sure hope the h*ll it improves. The people around here are getting worried they can't go through another year of barely any work. Of course the provincial gov't doesn't give a chit.

I'am surprised nobody hasn't pulled a Kennedy on Gordon Campbell.
I've got a gun I wanna sell GR!

If your thinking about it, just remember this picture:
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/716200815602PM_attitude1.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

Gravel Rat
01-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I aint shooting anybody :hammerhead:

The premier of this province Gordon the Idiot Campbell doesn't listen to the people. He is spending billions of dollars worth of tax money on the Olympics which most people didn't want. He keeps raising taxes and doing stuff to pizz people off.

Junior M
01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I aint shooting anybody :hammerhead:

The premier of this province Gordon the Idiot Campbell doesn't listen to the people. He is spending billions of dollars worth of tax money on the Olympics which most people didn't want. He keeps raising taxes and doing stuff to pizz people off.
And I was joking.. :hammerhead:

Gravel Rat
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
There is lots of nut jobs and fruit cakes in this province that would.

YellowDogSVC
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
There is lots of nut jobs and fruit cakes in this province that would.

You need to vote. Make sure you, your family, everyone you know that's po'd, and all their buddies get out and vote at your next election. Start with the local guys and work your way up to the national election.
I have friends that complain about the way things are in the US...they don't take the time to vote. We can clean them out of the offices they occupy if enough people will get off their lazy butts and pull the lever in the ballot box. Too many people won't vote and the turnouts are LOW and then THEY complain about taxes and corrupt politicians. I say, flush the turds down the bowl before they stink up the whole place.

Gravel Rat
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
You need to vote. Make sure you, your family, everyone you know that's po'd, and all their buddies get out and vote at your next election. Start with the local guys and work your way up to the national election.
I have friends that complain about the way things are in the US...they don't take the time to vote. We can clean them out of the offices they occupy if enough people will get off their lazy butts and pull the lever in the ballot box. Too many people won't vote and the turnouts are LOW and then THEY complain about taxes and corrupt politicians. I say, flush the turds down the bowl before they stink up the whole place.

I did vote but I didn't vote for the Liberal gov't. The A hole got in because of him bribing people. He is nothing but a lying SOB I think he is lucky he is still alive. The MLA I voted for got in but the political party didn't.

ksss
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
The year ended up turning out OK. This was the first year in 15 that we did not see an increase in gross money over the prior year. The streak was bound to come to an end, but dam, it did not need to fall right off the dam map. Overall I am glad that 09 is over. I will continue to diversify in 2010. We will see what happens. I wish everyone on here a prosperous 2010. I been on this site since 03. I really like the networking this site provides.

Scag48
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Thankfuly this season has turned out better than I had planned. I got lucky having been dispatched to the outfit I'm with now, I'd like to keep stay on this crew. I enjoy heavy highway work, it's the scope of work I wanted to get into and I ended up with a great company. Maybe I'll come full circle and end up running minis again, which doesn't bother me, but for now the big toys satisfy the hunger.

Gravel Rat
01-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Thankfuly this season has turned out better than I had planned. I got lucky having been dispatched to the outfit I'm with now, I'd like to keep stay on this crew. I enjoy heavy highway work, it's the scope of work I wanted to get into and I ended up with a great company. Maybe I'll come full circle and end up running minis again, which doesn't bother me, but for now the big toys satisfy the hunger.

Well atleast you and your father are still alive if you still worked together somebody would have got a concrete landscape block to the head :laugh:

As for the US economy it must have stopped falling. I read in the paper today last month there wasn't any more job losses.

Fieldman12
01-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Well atleast you and your father are still alive if you still worked together somebody would have got a concrete landscape block to the head :laugh:

As for the US economy it must have stopped falling. I read in the paper today last month there wasn't any more job losses.

Im my area jobs are still being lost. I was at a buddies New Years party though that had several house builders and excavators there. There is a couple hot areas about an hour from where I live that a buddy of mine is hooked up with the builder of the new Subdivision. The builder already has 20 contracts signed to sell 20 lots and build 20 new houses in a subdivison this new year. Each house is over $300,000.00 a piece. He claims usually they have five signed by this time each year. He told me the reason for the boom was the people that do have the money are building new houses now because they can get them for much less than if they built in a thriving economy.

Fieldman12
01-04-2010, 01:36 AM
I will also say though in allot of areas I dont think we are done seeing all of the forclosures yet. Allot of people have been living off severance money where ever they where laid off from. Once they start living off unemployment because the lack of jobs I think that is when we will see more issues. I dont like to be negative but I do see the righting on the wall and am trying to do all I can to shed myself from the economy mess I can.

Fieldman12
01-04-2010, 01:38 AM
On a good note though grain farming was great around here this year. All of the local Case IH and John Deere dealers can not keep used and new combines on the lot. Our local Deere dealer has 60 new planters ordered and are sold already for this spring. The cost of fertilizer is also way down for the 2010 crop year.

Scag48
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM

Yeah my dad and I are done working together for the time being. If he gets in a real pinch and is desperately needing help, I'd help him, but I'm done just filling a spot on the crew.

I don't think the bleeding has stopped yet for the US economy. I think it's clear that we've bottomed out, but I've read/heard a couple figures that say even though we've reached the bottom, there will still be job losses after that point and for how long I think it's unclear. Things are getting better but we're not climbing out of the hole, so to speak, quite yet.

Here I sit, it's 5AM and was just about ready to bail out the door and head to work after having all of last week off. Boss just called and said it's too wet today, a great way to start the work year. :wall

KTM
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Most of the auto workers that lost there jobs will be losing there sub pay in the coming year. Many of these people lived be on there means, so I think there will be another run of foreclosures in many area's.
Any one live near Flint MI? I was watching a news program, it said that they will be tearing down 10,000 houses this year!! That has to be rough in Flint and Detroit.

YellowDogSVC
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Most of the auto workers that lost there jobs will be losing there sub pay in the coming year. Many of these people lived be on there means, so I think there will be another run of foreclosures in many area's.
Any one live near Flint MI? I was watching a news program, it said that they will be tearing down 10,000 houses this year!! That has to be rough in Flint and Detroit.

sad..very sad..but someone will make a living doing demo.

I say this in every thread where this subject comes up... get out and vote. Tell your friends to vote. Make time. Vote locally. You would be surprised at how small a turnout gets your state reps and senators elected.

i don't think this is a forum to pick sides or push an agenda but I want everyone in :usflag: and :canadaflag: to vote out the big spenders and welfare pushers. We need to take back our continent! There is no reason we should be in the shape we are. It's all artificial...

AEL
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Hopefully this year will be good. I will be leaving the company I was in partnership with and will be starting out doing my own thing. It is sounding like it will be a messy split, good thing i bought some vaseline! Anyways you gotta take a big risk to get the prize . Wish me luck.

KTM
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM

I say this in every thread where this subject comes up... get out and vote. Tell your friends to vote. Make time. Vote locally. You would be surprised at how small a turnout gets your state reps and senators elected.

i don't think this is a forum to pick sides or push an agenda but I want everyone in :usflag: and :canadaflag: to vote out the big spenders and welfare pushers. We need to take back our continent! There is no reason we should be in the shape we are. It's all artificial...

I don't think anyone knows what there voting for Yellow. I brought up the pres election in conversation as much as i could last time around. When doing this i would calmly sit there and try to understand there point of view, the only thing 90% of the people could say is that we need a "change", well no chit!!
To many people and not enough work, along with people that could care less if they work, were screwed. By the way, On the news program, it almost looked like the city was doing the demo work, could be wrong though.

Gravel Rat
01-05-2010, 03:07 AM
I thought the US economy would be sort of improving this year. I guess it will be wait and see.

AWJ Services
01-05-2010, 08:58 AM

Look what voting got us for a President.
Here is some more fanatstic news.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/04/health-care-countdown-senate-health-hit-middle-class-hard/?test=latestnews

ksss
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Look what voting got us for a President.
Here is some more fanatstic news.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/04/health-care-countdown-senate-health-hit-middle-class-hard/?test=latestnews

I will admit, I never thought they would get that through. Two party systems don't mean much when one has all the power. My ignorance and under appreciatiation for the capacity of this administration to destroy this Country seem to need realigning every day. My only hope is that we can get this turned around before the damage is irreversible. No small task considering the pace that has been set for "changing America".

AWJ Services
01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I will admit, I never thought they would get that through. Two party systems don't mean much when one has all the power. My ignorance and under appreciatiation for the capacity of this administration to destroy this Country seem to need realigning every day. My only hope is that we can get this turned around before the damage is irreversible. No small task considering the pace that has been set for "changing America".

This is what voting gets you. Your elected officials officially have no say so?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/04/democrats-plan-cut-gop-final-health-care-negotiations/

Allowing Americans to vote is just a pacification process the Goverment uses to sudue us into thinking we are in control which allows them to push through there own legislation based off of there agenda not yours!

YellowDogSVC
01-05-2010, 08:59 PM
By the way, On the news program, it almost looked like the city was doing the demo work, could be wrong though.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I thought about working a 9 to 5 for gubment job but I'm a curve buster. Always have been whether it was school, athletics, or job performance so I don't think I would fit in with the gubment types around here. I take pride in working as hard as I can...but heck, if the cities, counties, and state's have all the work, then maybe it's time to sell the equipment and grab a rake and wait for my pension! :)

YellowDogSVC
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
This is what voting gets you. Your elected officials officially have no say so?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/04/democrats-plan-cut-gop-final-health-care-negotiations/

Allowing Americans to vote is just a pacification process the Goverment uses to sudue us into thinking we are in control which allows them to push through there own legislation based off of there agenda not yours!

just looking at them makes me physically ill. I can't shake it. I HATE what is happening to our country. I HATE liars. I HATE thieves. I try and be a good Christian but when it comes to those FRAUDS, I can't help but have bad thoughts. They lie, steal, cheat, beg, borrow, and swindle. They cut back-room deals to benefit themselves. Many have been indicted, disgraced, or sent to prison. Many more have covered their tracks or had powerful families that protect them **cough** Teddy Kennedy.
You don't have to say which side you support but anyone who supports the current corruption should have their head examined. I say clean HOUSE..ALL OF IT and while we are at it, clean out the SENATE, the White House, and the Agency Heads... Clean them all out.. start over. Fresh faces.. No lawyers. No nannies, and No socialists. Get back to the basics. Tax for defense, highways, and infrastructure. Leave the rest to the states where you have more of a voice and for God's sake, keep our borders secure...(let the states protect their own borders).

Okay. I'm done ranting but Geez. I pay enough in taxes already and feel like I have no voice. :hammerhead: