PDA

View Full Version : Price check....commercial edging

jrblawncare
04-05-2000, 07:04 AM
Hi all,Keeping busy I hope..Just want to see if my price is about right I have been installing commercial black edging at about $50.00 per 20 ft.I buy it for $9.00 per 20 ft.takes about 1 hr. to &quot;trench&quot; and install,is this a fair price or I'm I low?Thanks<p>----------<br>John <br>

nelski
04-05-2000, 05:15 PM
Hi John<br>I charge $2.25 a foot installed and I do it all by hand!{ makes for a long day.} I have been thinking about buying a trench master. Is that what you use?<p>Royce

jrblawncare
04-06-2000, 04:56 AM
Royce,I do it by hand as well and yes it does make for a long day if your doing a bunch.I have thought of a trench master not sure how they would work if you have some wild curves,any other thoughts from anyone?<p>----------<br>John <br>

nlminc
04-08-2000, 05:46 PM
John and Royce, Buy the trench master if you have the work. It has several different blades that attach to it for different types of work. You can install that edgeing in minutes! I can trench 100ft neat and deep in approx. 4 min! The trench master can trench for R.R ties, irrigation, edgeing beds, grind stumps...... Well worth the money. I wish I bought it 10 years ago. <br>Chris