PDA

View Full Version : ASV RC60 Actual Lift Capacity

yardscaper
01-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I am really wanting to purchase an RC60 to compliment my RC30, but my big question is, for those of you with experience or having owned an RC60, how much weight is it able to lift. I am not talking to full height, but tractor trailer bed down, and the ability of the machine to pick up a pallet of stone and just move it around the site at 2 feet high. The weight in question is 2,800 pounds. I am also considering a Bobcat T180/190 or ??? I am more interested in the ASV line though.

Thanks!:dancing:

riverwalklandscaping
01-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I've moved stuff around that heavy with a 60.. I wouldn't speed around with the bucket all the way up in the air, but it should lift it.

bobcat_ron
01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Grab a Cat 257B2 if you like the ASV undercarriage, the 247B2 is a bit weak, but tweak the relief valves and you can really lift some weight, but you will need to add some in the rear.

yardscaper
01-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys. What kind of price should I be looking at for a used machine with say, 600 to 1,000 hours? I am open to a Cat or an ASV machine. I will be looking around this month, so just curious what you guys have seen out there as far as deals.

stuvecorp
01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I don't think you could lift that heavy, another company in town has a 50 and even with double counter weights it barely gets pallets(approx 2400#) of stuff off a truck.

Digdeep
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't think you could lift that heavy, another company in town has a 50 and even with double counter weights it barely gets pallets(approx 2400#) of stuff off a truck.

Remember that the old RC50 only weighed about 5300lbs and the new PT50s weigh over 6200lbs and have a tipping load close to a 1000lbs more. I own the old style and I can move pallets of sod around a job site, but it starts to get really tippy trying to get them up in the air any distance.

J. Peterson Grading
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Also remember a 60 is a WAY different animal than a 50. My 50 won't lift a roll of sod, but my 60 does with out any problems what-so-ever.

J.

MR HYDROSEED
05-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I just bought a 2006 RC60 last night, used it today and was very shocked at how weak the lift capacity was. I'd drive into a pile of loam and try to lift and nothing, try to tilt the bucket up and nothing. I'd have to pull out and lift to get it to go up. My little New Holland l553 would lift it fine, it would nose dive a little but would rock back and lift it. Its like the relief valves are adjusted to wimpy. I tried to lift a pallet of rocks and it would do anything. The NH would lift until it flipped, I want that again. Please help, I pray there's a way to crank up the lift capacity.

Digdeep
05-07-2010, 10:15 PM
I just bought a 2006 RC60 last night, used it today and was very shocked at how weak the lift capacity was. I'd drive into a pile of loam and try to lift and nothing, try to tilt the bucket up and nothing. I'd have to pull out and lift to get it to go up. My little New Holland l553 would lift it fine, it would nose dive a little but would rock back and lift it. Its like the relief valves are adjusted to wimpy. I tried to lift a pallet of rocks and it would do anything. The NH would lift until it flipped, I want that again. Please help, I pray there's a way to crank up the lift capacity.

I bet you have a weak relief. I've run L553s and my RC50 has more lifting power and it has less of an ROC than the RC60.

J. Peterson Grading
05-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow! thats just crazy. Something must not be adjusted correctly with your machine.

Did it come from a dealer or was it a private owner unit? Could it have been an old rental unit and they backed everything off to make it home owner renter friendly?

My PT60 picks up and plays with rolls of sod, or pallets of what ever with ease. My 50 wouldn't do that at all.

If I were you, I would get that sucker back to who ever you got it from and make them fix it. Its deals like this that give a machine or a brand a bad name.

J.

MR HYDROSEED
05-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Well I talked to the kid tonight and he said that he replaced the relief valve spring recently because it had broke and wouldn't lift. He was using it to spread dirt and said it worked fine. His fine isn't my fine i guess. I'm thinking and hoping he just didn't have all the special gauges to see if the valve was adjusted to mfg specs. So then i can just adjust it to lift some weight. I've been reading some tractor forums about cautioning this adjustment because of structural concerns on lift arms but I would think that the skid steer should flip forward well before we would need to worry about bending the lift arms or blowing any hoses??? I would just be happy to unload a pallet of pavers off a trailer bed, this is possible right? And is the valve in the upper right hand corner of the engine compartment?

J. Peterson Grading
05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't know. If I had a problem like that I would send it to a dealers shop. I am soooo not qualified to work on my equipment.

J.

MR HYDROSEED
05-10-2010, 10:54 PM
So I found out on ASV's old owners manual where the relief valve was, it was soooo easy to raise the pressure. just loosen a 3/4" nut and take a 4mm hex key wrench and tighten it up but..... maybe i tightened it too much? It lifts until it tips but i tried hooking up my new backhoe attachment today and fluid was spraying out of the stock coupler on my machine. I bought new M&F couplers today for the backhoe. I thought my old female must be defective so I dish out more $$$ and now I have a brand new fem coupler on my machine and the new male i bought from this morning, i retract the bucket and gushhhh. Its spraying out of the back of the sliding sleeve again? wtf? Did I raise the pressure that high? these things should have a failure psi of at least 20,000psi? Could I have screwed up the male coupler? I bought another one tonight and will try it in the morning. I spent $200+ on 2 sets of couplers anad could have got 4 sets from Industrialhydraulics.com $140 shipped!!! Arghh. I cranked the relief valve down again until I could pick up a pallet of rocks then turned it back up an 1/8 of a turn to barely lift it.

GWhunter
05-11-2010, 08:15 AM
As JPG said take it to a dealer and let them look it over. If your whining over a few hundred on couplers you'll be crying over the repair bill from screwing with the hydralics. I belive MB tractor has market share for ASV up your way.

Matt:hammerhead:

Ausman
05-11-2010, 06:06 PM
ok instead of spending good cash on couplers go get a 5000psi guage and join it to one of your couplers and set the pressure to 3000psi. if you tweek it to 3150 it will lift 1 tonne easily. if you have cranked it to high you will blow hoses relief valve o rings and on it goes. These things need to be done correctly as pressure nad flow are relative.