PDA

View Full Version : A SMART WAY TO CATCH THIEVES... MeFindit.com

Jake99
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Gotto wallyworld and git Ipod Touch. Gotto www.gadgettrak.com and download free software to it that makes it act like lojack. No monthly fine like a gps tracker !!!! Leave it with yo stuff for their amusement. They turn it on and dat's their arse right thar. Pretty smart...........yes??

ken gustafson
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Mr. Jake,
Would you send me a private message about this setup. Or you can get me by ken@gushill.com
Need to know more....BILLIONS of dollars worth of trailers stolen each year. I cannot find just where these are all happening....in 1999 it was "only" 5 billion dollars and the last figure I read it was now up to 45 billion dollars. So it is not slowing up even a little....and .... it is only a problem when the trailer ends up "missing". Your post shows there may be a way of slowing this stuff down.....so I need to know more....can you help? Ken

Jake99
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Some help would be nice.

nlminc
01-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks! great info.

You could always live the ipod on while you're not with the equipment like over night...those batteries last forever!

Jake99
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
You leave the ipod OFF. When they push the ON button and it connects with the internet, they are made. The system will send you a map and e-mail. Cheapo way to catch up with the thief. No charges for monthly use. Just buy the ipod, set up your account, test it, turn it off, and report it stolen. The next one to turn it on is made. Might take you to your stuff. Must find out quick after it goes missing. Put new ipod back in new box. They think it brand new and never been messed with. It's smart. Don't tell em what you did. Just git em!@!!!! This will be a tip on my new theft website coming soon.

--jake

YellowDogSVC
01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Mr. Jake,
Would you send me a private message about this setup. Or you can get me by ken@gushill.com
Need to know more....BILLIONS of dollars worth of trailers stolen each year. I cannot find just where these are all happening....in 1999 it was "only" 5 billion dollars and the last figure I read it was now up to 45 billion dollars. So it is not slowing up even a little....and .... it is only a problem when the trailer ends up "missing". Your post shows there may be a way of slowing this stuff down.....so I need to know more....can you help? Ken

Ken, I know 3 people personally that have had trailer stolen. I have had a customer lose a Bobcat from behind his locked gates and the list goes on. I was nearly robbed back in November while on a job site. My air compressor, about 200 lbs. was cable locked to my flatbed. In just an hour's time away from my truck, someone tried to cut my cable lock and take the compressor. They went through my tools, too, as I had left my toolbox unlocked (I was on rural private property off the road) but I don't think they took anything valuable. They didn't make it through the cable but if they had worked another few minutes, they would have walked off iwth a $700 compressor and tools. It's expensive to lojack everything.. but it would be nice to develop something cheaper to fight back.

Jake99
01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
They need to make the trackers so that you don't need a computer to use it or buy it. Just call a number and register it. You call a number to ax where it is. Dat simple. It needs to look like something it is not. Something a thief would want to take home and keep. Perhaps a box widda garcia 5500C in it or a nice lunch box. That is if you can't hide it on the asset. You can of course hide it ina Ipod as software that the user can't see. I think in a few more years, we will see the stealing industry having to be much more smarter to be profitable. Mad people like me want pay back and will get it one way or another. I'm working ona way to put all these thefts ona map where you see where things go awol at www.mefinditmaps.com --jake

topsites
01-11-2010, 09:36 AM
The part I don't like is the software you just claimed to be free really isn't...

And the entire affair's going to run well over $200 however the real problem is had you just
been upfront and told me the cost I might have seen it as a necessary evil, instead now I'm
wondering what else is in store.
Like, wtf is Windows Flickr?

Sorry pal, right there we're done.

topsites
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh, one more thing...

Visiting that POS web site of yours apparently gave my computer some kind of a "new program"
Which is now foisting an installation of Symantec security upon me.
I am sure if I contacted Norton over this they would not be pleased, seeing how I'm pretty pissed off.

Good thing it's giving me an option out and Norton is allowing me to give Feedback on the reason why
I decided not to install their program, I'd say it's a fair bet that you can forget your commission.

So tell me, what else is on my computer, what other hidden gifts did you slip in there?

Damn script kid, that is serious bull.

Jake99
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
My son just put the free software on his ipod. It is free. We also paid for the software to put on his new HP computer. That website is a POS. The new website is costing me about 5 or 6 thousand dollars. It is NOT online yet. I don't run any kind of virus crap and not going to. If the computer gets sick, we just just clear the hard drive and start over. It can reloaded in a few hours and don't have to put up with virus protection problems. Walmart had the ipod touch for 150 dinaros but may be back up to 200 now. It would be worth 200 dollars too get back 18,000 dollar load of lawn mowers. You don't have to take any advice from anybody especially me. I obviously ain't too bright or I would still have my trailer.

--Dr.jake

Jake99
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Heer goes something I found quick. Short on time rat now.

Jake99
01-11-2010, 07:36 PM
You will notice that was 3 years ago. For 200 dollars and some free tracking software AND if they turn it on And it connects to the internet And you reported it stolen, then your chances are good you will get a lead to the location of your stuff if stolen. If ya waiting on the police to do it, then you may be 1 out of a 100 to get a lead. The first 24 hours is critical. (in my opinion)...........

Jake99
01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
All of this HINGES on you being able to use a computer. Being able to download and install the software on the gadget/Ipod. Being able to make an account with them on a computer. Being able to read a map on your phone or computer. That leaves out alot people. That is exactly what is wrong with the trackers we have right now. Same story. Our kids can do it but they don't cut grass or have to worry about anything especially gittin hosed............jake

Lawn Man Dave
01-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Here is a few thing you may not have though of,

9 times out of 10 they will just steal the ipod, smah and grab type thing, most people would not see who did it or have the serial number on them to be able to prove it is theirs.

Ok so you say you hide it,

Then who is to say the theives would find it? If they did the chances are slim that it would not be with the truck and or trailor, chances are they took it the trailor straight to a pawn shop and sold the truck cheap or ditched it some place.

Id stick with low jack.

Jake99
01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I would stick with a tracker but that costs every month. The ipod is cheap. Every month @ 40.00 a month. It makes for a good bobee trap but not a sure thing. They need to finish getting the tracker right soon. And get the monthly part down. Some that must be for keeping a sim card number even if you don't use the data transfers. They oughta just charge for data when you need it. Most people don't need to track anything until it's gone. That's when a few dollars don't matter. They need to put together a new tracker with the idea of it being an ELT like ona plane. (emergency locator transmitter) You just turn it on and it will wake up by motion. It wakes up and starts thinking. It reports movement and position. If it sees that is moving to different postions then start sqawking all it can to your phone and someone on a computer. The person on the phone calls you and you go check on it. You have the position of it on your cell phone screen and it's speed/direction.

topsites
01-12-2010, 02:34 AM
And I'm telling you that you're barking up the wrong tree, although truthfully
it's the bark itself I found disturbing enough to never want to deal with you again.

Most folks wouldn't give you the time of day but that doesn't mean that my input is positive,
what it means is someone out there actually gives a F and is trying to help you by steering you in the
right direction but keep it up and it won't be long before nobody in their right mind is willing to deal with you.

So if you'd just take the dang spinner off PLAY and stop the dang sales pitch on account that you're getting
attention, like some fool who can't see the red light because he figures ANY light is better than no light...?
Because if the light is red it means you need to stop, and in this case listening would help as well.

So if you'd just take a minute and listen to what I'm trying to tell you, then maybe it is possible that in some years
and with a lot of work you might yet turn into something, because at the current rate you're headed nowhere, and fast.

And if it really isn't you trying to install Symantec's Security on people's computer then what the hell kind of folks
have you done got yourself mixed in with that you'd have your site hosted on some server like that?
Which, reading your thread history makes that hard to fathom, you see...

So stop trying to scam folks out of their money, dig?
Or just keep on, choice is yours.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Where are you getting this thing about Symatec security stuff.?? I work on cars for a living. If something weird is happening when you go to ihateathief I will shut it down. Is that what yall are saying? I hate that crap too when something tells you your computer needs a tune up and you can't turn it off. Is that what happens. I work for a living. Call me at jake's Automotive 1-864-984-2451 laurens SC.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 07:05 AM
I went to the site to turn it off and don't know how. I will call them today and close it. There is no way for that site to make any money. It's just griping mostly. When I x'ed out of it there was no surprizes. That site is ihateathief.com NOT mefindit. I just had that domain name directed to it for now. The real mefindit is under construction. That site was going to be mefindit but I changed website builder to hitwebdesign in Utah. My other griping site is thenewspapersheriff and it is under construction too. But you can see it. The old site that was there is gone. I am not spam. I hate spam. I hate telemarketers too. I certainly hate thieves. I also tell people how to fix cars on the internet at Mitchell Ondemand 5. www.ondemand5.com

Jake99
01-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Here goes some of my work.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 07:19 AM
A little more. Ya think some con artist is going to give up this and maybe his home phone number ?? 1-864-681-1196 work number 1-864-984-2451
I have nothing to hide. I'm a 4 wheeler racer too.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Here goes the dump I worked in for the last 32 years.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm friends with Ken Gustafson. He is how I found this site. You think he would buddy with a spammer.? Why do people think think the worse of somebody they don't know? I lost a 6000 dollar trailer and the police wouldn't help me. Actually got in the way. Found the dude after spending alot and putting up many wanted posters all over 3 states. But he didn't know anything about a trailer and but people seen him with it. Something needs to be done. It is normal to get no help. It is normal for 200 trailers here a year to go awol. Hell instead of fighting back in some way maybe I should take up stealing people's stuff. Nobody will be looking for it. Believe it or not but it is a grass cutter that is stealing most it here. They know it. I know it. They do nothing. I can't work all day and follow him around all night. It continues. --jake

Jake99
01-12-2010, 08:34 AM
It costs 35.00 dollar to turn off hosting rat now. And it is done. I'm not a spammer anymore.......hhehehehee

Jake99
01-12-2010, 08:44 AM
She didn't charge me. Nice. She said they got good sheriff there. Phoinex, AZ.
Dat's where the prisoners wear pink drawers. WE got no sheriff here. We do have a politician. They are about money. Guess I be sad today loosing all them millions from spamming.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
MY story is nothing but very common. A man got probation for murder in Greenville,SC yesterday. He Made like dive bomber with a Maserati into someone's house sitting in their lazy boy. The law is crooked. People raising H about it but too late. The money has been transfered. Yep.........he was a man of many millions. Trailer theft or any kind of crime is our problem. 911 doesn't work.

Lawn Man Dave
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I would stick with a tracker but that costs every month. The ipod is cheap. Every month @ 40.00 a month. It makes for a good bobee trap but not a sure thing. They need to finish getting the tracker right soon. And get the monthly part down. Some that must be for keeping a sim card number even if you don't use the data transfers. They oughta just charge for data when you need it. Most people don't need to track anything until it's gone. That's when a few dollars don't matter. They need to put together a new tracker with the idea of it being an ELT like ona plane. (emergency locator transmitter) You just turn it on and it will wake up by motion. It wakes up and starts thinking. It reports movement and position. If it sees that is moving to different postions then start sqawking all it can to your phone and someone on a computer. The person on the phone calls you and you go check on it. You have the position of it on your cell phone screen and it's speed/direction.

I know all about ELT's, I used to work on airplanes and used to be in woodland easch and rescue and would look for crashed small aircraft using equipment that would point you in the direction of the signal. It is harder then it sound's and Joe Blow is not going to be able to just go out and say "here it is". Now the larger stuff is starting to have GPS system's in them, they comunicate with the stalite and tell you were it is. The older ELT's car be found if they are moving but it is a pain..... I have done it. Also they tend do go off on hard bump's so being set off with motion on a truck or trailor would not work out to well.

I think low jack is still the best bet, yeah $40 or whatever is a bit much, I can agree with that, they should charge per use but then they would not make much.

Best bet is to be smart were you leave your stuff and keep an eye on it.

Jake99
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I been doing some looking and I believe the zoombak has the best deal. They are charging 99.00 for it and 154.00 a yr w/unlimited locates. That ain't bad. I paid 500 for another kind and 20/month but could use up the locates fast. They would charge another 20 dollars even if one day left in the month.Got tired of that. Then before christmas was selling the unit for a 100.oo dollars. I got HOSED. The nano by Lightninggps is 40 a month but they can't make up their mind if it is 200 dollars or 100 dollars !!!!!!! Don't like dat.

SO dats basically about 250 for the first yr for a real tracker. 200 to the ipod.
Doesn't cost anything to talk about it. They charge 150 for one that can be hard wired permantly.

If was hauling around a mess of stuff like the grass cutters do, I know what I do. Somebody needs to start a business, playing the computer part for people. You just go to best buy and get it. Call them and they do the setting up part for you. You turn it on I guess and if it moves, you get the text messages on ya phone and an e-mail alert on the computer. If ya got a Iphone you get tha map on your phone.

It would be just a matter of turning it on and off. They need to get it more like on-star. All you need is a phone.

--jake