PDA

View Full Version : New To LawnSite From SC

FryDaddy
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Hello all. I just registered to lawnsite after looking it over for the past year. There's a lot of good info on here unlike other sites that just talk about the next guy (why I wouldn't register on those). Anyway, Im 32 and have a full time 40hr week job, but do some lawn cutting services during the warmer months (april - november) on weekends or afterwork if not a big lawn. Last yr I serviced about 7 accts bi-monthly. Im hoping to increase this number so that I can help add a little more equipment to the trailer. I know thats not a lot compared to most of you guys but it helped out. I mostly run Husqvarna equipment, [LZ6127 zero turn, 150BT backpack, 326LS trimmer, an echo edger & 6'4" x16 trailer]. Hopefully this year I will get the Husky hedge trimmer (instead of borrowing my friends echo once a month) & 180BT blower.

Father&Daughter Lawn care
01-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Welcome. You are correct there can be alot of good information on this site.

FryDaddy
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks. Theres some older threads that I may be reopening because I had a few questions. :hammerhead:

DitchDr
01-03-2010, 05:02 AM
What part of SC are you in?

FryDaddy
01-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Walterboro

JFGauvreau
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck to you!

DLAWNS
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite! Any questions just ask!

DitchDr
01-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Walterboro

So you trying to do the Walterboro,St Geroge, Cottageville area?

Where do you plan of getting most of your work from? I do a lot of tree work up that way.

FryDaddy
01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I just mainly do a few yards in Walterboro area on the weekends. I am a solo operator. I don't usually get home until around 6pm or so during the weekday from my regular job and by then when I get in I would have to get all equipment put on trailer to go do a small yard to finish by dark. It would be nice to have an employee or two, but Im funny about how people would operate my equipment, especially when you not there.

JimQ
01-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey! Welcome to Lawnsite. I'm part of the Engineering group at Husqvarna Turf Care. We build the ZTR's and Walks. If you ever have any equipment questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Who's your dealer? Lynn Tanner at Walterboro rental?

Take care,

Q

FryDaddy
01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure what his name is (i'm bad with names), but it is Walterboro Rental. I go in/out all the time & buy small items such as blades, 2 stroke mix. Talked with the younger guy that usually be up front and told him I would be back sometime soon to get a hedge trimmer & 180bt blower.

JimQ
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I talk with Lynn Tanner there at Walterboro Rental every now and again on the phone. I've never met him in person but he seems like a heck of a good guy and has some great ideas. If you ever get a chance to meet him, tell him Jim Q from Husqvarna says Hi.

Take care,

Q

Premier landscaping south
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome my friend. Hello from the Upstate of SC.

FryDaddy
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Will do. I have a part ordered for my saw & will be going there in the next few days or this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

g21
01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Tough gig with a full-time job! Lets get this thing rolling so you can quit and become a full-time entrepreneur!:laugh:

Let me know if you need any help.

Tommy

FryDaddy
01-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Tough gig with a full-time job! Lets get this thing rolling so you can quit and become a full-time entrepreneur!:laugh:

Let me know if you need any help.

Tommy

Let me think about that for a second....
1. I don't have to worry about my job saying they spent my paycheck on a new tv or it slipped there mind.
2. Health insurance & paid holidays
3. Bonus
4. Every pay period, earn hours toward my paid vacation
5. Maybe a few other things

But on the other hand, I could become the boss & still have my 40 hr week job if I was to hire a really dependable helper & let him go to accts and make my name look good. The best of both worlds & TWO constant incomes. :)

grass choppers
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Welcome im a new on here as well but its always nice to get a welcome and for the fews days ive been on here its been a great group

Juan91
01-06-2010, 07:15 PM
welcome, if ya need anything, just holler :-D