PDA

View Full Version : Cat Parking brake problem

Caterkillar
01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Anybody ever have a problem with the cat parking brake. I have a Caterpillar 236 and the parking brake will not come off. The light goes off, but the machine won't move and the joysticks are disabled/in safe mode. Any ideas? I think safety switches are good. Parking brake solonoid?

AMCAT
01-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Does the cooling fan still run ???

blkstk1
03-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Did you ever find out the problem? I seem to have the same issue with a skid steer Cat 236. The parking brake sticks, even though the light goes off, and I cannot use the right joystick. It is like it is in safe mode.

Thanks in advance.

Caterkillar
03-22-2010, 11:43 PM
On my particular model, a plastic piece that accepted the gear from the hydraulic pump between the engine and hydraulic pump was stripped out. Had to pull the engine and replace it.

I assume your machine will still move around... so that will not be the issue with yours. Yours kind of sounds like a soloniod is bad. There are solonoids on each of the pilot controls and another one that controls the parking brake. It sounds like your problem is on your right pilot control IF your machine will still move around. The solonoids are only about $40 each.

blkstk1
03-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Any idea which solonoid it might be
Posted via Mobile Device

Caterkillar
03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Any idea which solonoid it might be
Posted via Mobile Device

Will the machine move? Does the hydraulic cooler fan run?