PDA

View Full Version : Nj dep #

xclusive
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I see some landscapers with NJ DEP #s and some without. Can anyone tell me the benefits of having it and where i can about the paperwork to get one of these numbers?

Phytosect
01-05-2010, 01:42 AM
That is their pesticide license number. As you might guess, you are required to have a NJ pesticide business license and a licensed applicator working for your company to get that number. Additionally you must display that number in a set size, 3" minimum I believe, on all trucks that will be likely to transporting pesticides.

xclusive
01-05-2010, 10:43 AM
That is their pesticide license number. As you might guess, you are required to have a NJ pesticide business license and a licensed applicator working for your company to get that number. Additionally you must display that number in a set size, 3" minimum I believe, on all trucks that will be likely to transporting pesticides.

I already have a pesticide license #. The DEP# is something different.

DLAWNS
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
You need this number to dump waste at certain dumps in Jersey. There may be other reasons too, but I have mine so I can dump grass clippings legally.

xclusive
01-05-2010, 11:11 AM
You need this number to dump waste at certain dumps in Jersey. There may be other reasons too, but I have mine so I can dump grass clippings legally.

Can you tell me how you apply for the # and where?

DLAWNS
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Give me a few minutes and I'll look up the info for ya....

blk90s13
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
yea the NJ dep number is for dumping waste

DLAWNS
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I would call the NJ DEP. Their number is (609) 292- 7081. I believe what I had to do was fill out some forms and have an interview at one of there offices (I want to say Trenton, but I'm not sure) and there you will pay the fee and get your number and your decal. I'm sure they will have some better info if you call that number. Let me know if you need anything else.

xclusive
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I would call the NJ DEP. Their number is (609) 292- 7081. I believe what I had to do was fill out some forms and have an interview at one of there offices (I want to say Trenton, but I'm not sure) and there you will pay the fee and get your number and your decal. I'm sure they will have some better info if you call that number. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for the help. They referred me to a local county Health Department this way I do not have to go down to Trenton.

They also told me it is mandatory for anyone in NJ carrying away waste i.e. grass clippings, brush, etc. with a commercial vehicle to have this license/permit

DLAWNS
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the help. They referred me to a local county Health Department this way I do not have to go down to Trenton.

They also told me it is mandatory for anyone in NJ carrying away waste i.e. grass clippings, brush, etc. with a commercial vehicle to have this license/permit

No problem dude...