PDA

View Full Version : what should i do in the spring with my lawn?

flyingdutch16
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi,

What should i do with my lawn in the spring?

Thanks,

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C
01-03-2010, 07:33 PM
That's like asking (what should I do with my mower in the spring?) More details needed...:hammerhead:

flyingdutch16
01-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I Mean at what height should i start mowing because a lot of people say that you have to start mowing very low.
Also what kind of fertilizer should i use? I live in PA.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mahoney3223
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I take it your a homeowner. You should mow about 3.5 inches. You want to use a slow-release fertilizer like a 24-10-10. Don't buy SCOTT's its over-priced junk.

grassman177
01-03-2010, 11:57 PM
if a homeowner, post the thread in that section and maybe get a better non kidding answer to your ?s

other than that, first cut is good to get as short as your lawn will take without really scalping it and turning it more brown!! ie anywhere from 2-3.5 in.

here depending on the turf and terrain we usually proffessianlly cut at 3in first time, a little lower if can do. reason is if you go much shorter it seems bagging it is needed and my customers dont pay me for this and i would hate to do it without a better bagger system.

this allows to soil to warm up faster and hasten the greenup process.

fert? i reccomend more locals to guide you on this as i am in very different soils and temps than you.

or actaully unless you know you are a great lawn tech for a homeowner, hire a pro so it gets done right and on time

hackitdown
01-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi,

Thanks,

:confused:

Hire a lawn service.

JNyz
01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
I like to cut on the shorter side for the first few cuts, 3 and under if the lawn can take it. Fertilizer and a preemergent need to be applied before soil temps reach 70 degrees for five straight days. Then again the question is too vague.

Bob_n_weave
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Thanks,

Hire someone to take of it for you :)