PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on the Quick mowers?

Lawn Pro's
01-03-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm looking to buy my first commercial mower to start off my second year and was looking at the Ex mark Viking because the dealer is 4 miles from my house. But I came across the quick mowers and saw the price difference and was wondering if anyone had or used the quick mowers and what opinions you have of them?

Stephen M.
01-04-2010, 03:02 AM
I've had the 16hp Samuri for 2 years now and planning on purchasing another in the spring. My employees like it for its good cut, ease of operation and its light footprint on very wet grass.

This last fall, 2 of my 3 employees were out and I had a conflict of interest for the day, so I asked my wife to fill in on the mowing. She was less than thrilled and left with our remaining employee quite pi$$ed at me for asking her to mow. That evening, my wife said that Riley taught her how to use it and that it was easy and fun to operate; and maybe we should buy another one.

Lawn Pro's
01-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Thanks Stephen I get turf Mag and saw it and looked at them online but wanted someones opinion who's used one. I thought it might be a cheaper way to get a commercial grade mower til I get more accounts. I appreciate the reply.

Big C
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
I have owned my Quick 36 S/D for about 2 yrs now...great mower..great customer service from the guys at BOP!..

MarcSmith
01-04-2010, 07:52 AM
I have never used one. but I see quite a few for sale here on LS...

Lawn Pro's
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I think I might order the dually 44" the mower I currently use is a cubcadet rzt 42 so I'd be increasing the size and getting a commercial mower for about $4000 compared to the ex mark viking at $6000. I like to keep my over head down and try not to finance anything being I'm still a small company.

lifetree
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
... That evening, my wife said that Riley taught her how to use it and that it was easy and fun to operate; and maybe we should buy another one.

That's quite a testimonial !!

lifetree
01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I think I might order the dually 44" the mower I currently use is a cubcadet rzt 42 so I'd be increasing the size and getting a commercial mower for about $4000 compared to the ex mark viking at $6000. I like to keep my over head down and try not to finance anything being I'm still a small company.

That's the best way go ... cash !!

Lawn Pro's
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
It worked out for me last year I tried to keep it simple I already had a zero turn it was just a residential so thats what I used and I got 15 regular customers my first year so I want to step it up a notch this year. So I figured a commercial mower will help me improve for this year.

Valk
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Mower attributes to consider:
Does mower weight/footprint/tire-width matter?
Soggy or sandy soil more rut prone?
Bagging, mulching, side-discharging?
Measure your gates if you have large backyards that your ZTR won't fit into. A 36 or 32 might assist you more...you'll know for sure.