PDA

View Full Version : Dump Body Will Not Raise

Blmtlandscapes
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a 2004 chevy 3500 silverado. I recently got a fisher plow installed and since than my dump body will not raise. I called up the dealership that installed it and they said that there is no way it could have been there fault. I just dont' know if I should believe them or not. It just seems like a big coincidence to me so I was wondering if anyone with more knowledge on the topic could let me know if installing a plow could effect these electronics. Thanks

yardmanlee
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
maybe they unplugged the dump power, to hook up the plow power.

gene gls
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
check for a bad fuse.

humble1
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I have a 2004 chevy 3500 silverado. I recently got a fisher plow installed and since than my dump body will not raise. I called up the dealership that installed it and they said that there is no way it could have been there fault. I just dont' know if I should believe them or not. It just seems like a big coincidence to me so I was wondering if anyone with more knowledge on the topic could let me know if installing a plow could effect these electronics. Thanks

Will the pump cycle and not go up, or is it there is no power when you push the button? If its an elec/hyd pump tract the power wires back to the battery. It wouldnt be into the fuse panel because it is a very large wire.
My 2 cents

Blmtlandscapes
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Will the pump cycle and not go up, or is it there is no power when you push the button? If its an elec/hyd pump tract the power wires back to the battery. It wouldnt be into the fuse panel because it is a very large wire.
My 2 cents

I think it is a power problem. When I push the button I hear nothing.

fl-landscapes
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
could be a burned out relay

Blmtlandscapes
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Do you think it will cost a lot to get it fixed?

fl-landscapes
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Do you think it will cost a lot to get it fixed?

depends on what it is.....relay cost twenty bucks and you can probably replace it yourself