PDA

View Full Version : need some help pricing

murrayslandscaping22
01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I just picked up a contract with a property maintenance company that wants me to give them a price range for properties they may pick up. what should i be looking at in the price range for an acre, 1/2 acre, 1/4 acre? any help would be great on how to price this thank you.

JB1
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
$15 to $150

ponyexpress976
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Look at some of your existing customers...get property info/size online from your county assesment office for comparison and give them a range from stuff you already do. Keep in mind that identical lot size doesn't mean identical charges. If one has a pool, fence and lots of beds and the neighbor's has nothing the one with the pool should pay more. Not mowing as much but I don't know about you, I hate trimming. Also more work in terms of blowing down sidewalks etc. Leave a little wiggle room. If you have your costs figured out this will be easy to do. Ballpark figure when I price a job is about $1 a minute. Covers fuel, drive time, maintenance costs, insurance, etc and most importantly your profit. Get it in writing what they expect you to take care of...just the lawn, or call you every time a leaf blows into the yard.

murrayslandscaping22
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
ok thanks this helps a lot i kno how to price a yard when i look at it but they just wanted a ballpark for the different acres

JB1- so your saying u charge about 150 for a acre?

ponyexpress976
01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
That's what I meant for the tax assessment info...find the properties you alreay have that are 1/4, 1/2, 1 acre and give them those prices. Before you sign anything leave yourself an out clause or additional work caveats. Im assuming these acquired properties might be bank foreclosures so you may be walking into total disasters not previously manicured and all you have to do is maintain them.

murrayslandscaping22
01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
ok thank you, and im not dealing with bank foreclosures, my cousin has a property maintenance company and is offering all of his customers landscaping by me so he wanted to give them a ballpark per house then go from their...but thanks for all the help