PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Lighting?

christmas79
01-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Did anyone ever do permanent lighting? Check this website
www.hclights.com. Where can I buy these lights?

TexasFire221
01-05-2010, 12:36 PM
When you do find out let me know. I could sell this to a few customers right now.

TexasFire221
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
www.channelbright.com

addictedtolandscaping
01-05-2010, 05:41 PM
That is really interesting. I have a mall that I know would be interested in something like that. I just tried the channelbright.com link and no success. Any other suggestions??

christmas79
01-05-2010, 09:12 PM
We need David's help!!!

seolatlanta
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
try this one-

www.channelbrite.com

David Gretzmier
01-06-2010, 02:26 AM
This is a 5 wire, 3/8 x 1 1/4 inch LED ropelight within an aluminum channel. The cost of this stuff makes links look cheap. pricewise to a customer, around 20 bucks plus ( close to 30 plus on dormers) per foot. I am not a fan of the look, as it is ropelight, or the colors, as they are LED, and the vegas-neon look. it does not look like Christmas Lights, but rather a commercial product for a liquor store. Wiring this item is permanant, and you can't just run cords over the roof. Most of the LED ropelight I have put out for year round use in deck railings and privacy fences have a life of around 3-5 years. the bulbs don't fail, the plastic does. once it cracks, water gets to the LED's and it is done.

yes, some folks will buy it. but I really don't want my reputation made on it. I imagine it takes 3x plus the time to install, and you will sell most of your jobs during the Christmas Season. And those folks will never have rehang dollars.

This is very much not the product that builds your business.

but that first website from chicago is very cool how it navigates.

addictedtolandscaping
01-06-2010, 08:22 AM
This one works - thanks. Anyone use this product yet??

addictedtolandscaping
01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Dave I was having the same thoughts as far as rehang. My thought is addition though was the ability to work further through the year, business that would not do Christmas lighting, may do something like this. But, at the cost, I really doubt it.

Thanks as usual for your wisdom, guidance and in site.

christmas79
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your help guys!

TexasFire221
01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
If I had some of this in stock I could sell it tomorrow! As Dave said, to a liquor store.

David Gretzmier
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I think there are other commercial applications. and as always, some folks will buy anything and put it on their house. but I can see this on a fun park area, a rent to own furniture store, a dvd/game cartridge rental place, go cart or miniature golf place, some restaurants like maybe chinese or brazillian.

The thing is, it is cheesy . the color changes, the moving chasing, it screams tacky for residential. but for commercial, I can totally see it.

what would folks buy? a nice, warm white steady burn, or if a few could just random twinkle, and a bulb spacing of about every 5-9 inches would work.

but I still think it cuts your future revenue. even on the commercial side. and the longevity of it, that would also be a concern.