PDA

View Full Version : Compact track loader throwing track

Allen Landscape Company
01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Just quick question to see if anyone else has had this problem. We run a Takeuchi tl 130 great machine no mechanical problems but one side has thrown the track three times. Sometimes it will run 2 hrs before throwing, just last week it ran 25 hrs in three days and threw on the third day. The tightness was checked about 1.5 hrs before it threw the track. Could some of the inner teeth be wore down allowing it over the pulleys? The track appears in good shape all over and has about 200 hrs left in it i would guess based on our normal use. It always throws to the inside under the machine. Needless to say were getting faster at getting it back on and tightened but is there something im missing. i will probably replace with new track prematurely, but wanted to make sure its not a pulley problem. Machine has 1036 hrs total. tracks replaced last at 600 hrs. undercarraige looks to be in good shape. all around a clean machine.

AWJ Services
01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
I have been told if you break the cables in the track they will not stay on.
Is it a factory track or aftermarket?

If the teeth where worn you could see it.

Allen Landscape Company
01-05-2010, 12:32 AM
they are both bridgestone tracks which are factory tracks, from the outside the tracks look in good condition but i am wondering if its possible to break the inner cabling without being able to notice it from the outside? anyone know?

AWJ Services
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
they are both bridgestone tracks which are factory tracks, from the outside the tracks look in good condition but i am wondering if its possible to break the inner cabling without being able to notice it from the outside? anyone know?

I hear that it is possible. I am told it happens when you run the tracks too tight and they try to run off causing the cables to snap.

What conditions do you work in for the tracks to be worn out at 600 hours and was it a tread issue?

Construct'O
01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
You might need to take the track completely off and check the front and rear idler to see if the bearings are okay.Might be able to put a bar on them with the track loose and see if they move side too side,

Check the rollers also to see if any of them has bad bearing,also look for loose bolts that hold the roller,idlers and A frame on.Look at the enbedded pins in the track where the sprockets run ,might see something wrong there also.

Are you working mud,frozen dirt,on slopes????? Good luck:usflag:

Allen Landscape Company
01-05-2010, 12:51 AM
We aquired the machine used and were told they were replaced at 600 or so. the current tracks probably have 200 + hours left. I think we should maybe get even more, I was told 800-1000 hrs is normal, but i have also heard takeuchi's were bad to use tracks with the joystick control. thats why im hesitant to replace prematurely but i guess i broken cord makes sense. i guess that all it can be. that may explain why it seems to loose tightness more easily than the other side. I was unsure it this was due to a bad seal on the piston that controls the tightness. No sign of this, just trying to hypothesize why it would be losing tightness. i figured a broken cord in the track would make it unable to get any tension at all.

AWJ Services
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
We aquired the machine used and were told they were replaced at 600 or so. the current tracks probably have 200 + hours left. I think we should maybe get even more, I was told 800-1000 hrs is normal, but i have also heard takeuchi's were bad to use tracks with the joystick control. thats why im hesitant to replace prematurely but i guess i broken cord makes sense. i guess that all it can be. that may explain why it seems to loose tightness more easily than the other side. I was unsure it this was due to a bad seal on the piston that controls the tightness. No sign of this, just trying to hypothesize why it would be losing tightness. i figured a broken cord in the track would make it unable to get any tension at all.

So does it only run off when it gets loose?

Allen Landscape Company
01-05-2010, 01:04 AM
no thats the thing, weve babied it by checking it very often so it would not happen, but it loosens up over time with use, we'll put a pump or two of grease in to tighten back up and recheck hour/two hour later after use. With our work we usually dont run the machine straight, its usally in and out with small landscaping tasks so its easy to keep it monitored. But if its stretching out over time, it may be that an outside force could stretch it sideways over the pulley. it just seems as hard as it is to get over the pulley when re installing it, it comes off way to easy. Im about to pull the track off, inspect everything and put a new one on, if it keeps happening, adios takeuchi! thanks for the help though.

ksss
01-05-2010, 01:32 AM
You could flip the tracks to the their opposite side and see if that track continues to cause problems on the other tunnel.

iowapride
01-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Check the big spring by the front roller. When I replaced tracks on mine the spring was broke in half. Never had any problems coming off but might be something to check into?

Junior M
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Check the big spring by the front roller. When I replaced tracks on mine the spring was broke in half. Never had any problems coming off but might be something to check into?
You'd hear that spring break though. Unless it broke when you:

1) before you bought the machine
2) you werent paying a bit of attention..

treemover
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
check you bands on your track. I kept throwing them on my takki excavator, went at different times. I had just adjusted it and then it came off, so i started inspecting a little closer and saw that the cables in one part of the track had came apart. I would say they still at least 300 + hours of tread life in them. Granted I had prolly 1600 + hours on them, little different ctl to excavator. Hope that helps!

dozerman21
01-05-2010, 08:08 PM
no thats the thing, weve babied it by checking it very often so it would not happen, but it loosens up over time with use, we'll put a pump or two of grease in to tighten back up and recheck hour/two hour later after use. With our work we usually dont run the machine straight, its usally in and out with small landscaping tasks so its easy to keep it monitored. But if its stretching out over time, it may be that an outside force could stretch it sideways over the pulley. it just seems as hard as it is to get over the pulley when re installing it, it comes off way to easy. Im about to pull the track off, inspect everything and put a new one on, if it keeps happening, adios takeuchi! thanks for the help though.

I don't think a broken band in the track is the problem. I doubt it the track would tighten up if that was the problem. It sounds like you have a track adjuster that is bad. You might have had a seal go out. Do you see grease oozing out anywhere? I'm not as familiar with the covers on a Tak., but take off what you can to get to the track adjuster. Make a mark somewhere on the cylinder after you pump it up with grease. After you run it and it loosens up, check the mark and see if it's moved back in.

bobcat_ron
01-05-2010, 08:40 PM
1 inch of slack under the center most roller with the bucket lifting the front of the ground.
I would check the tensioners and rotate the tracks.

JDSKIDSTEER
01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Tracks coming off is common problem on the TL130, especialy on side slopes. Traded two in because of that problem.

AWJ Services
01-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Tracks coming off is common problem on the TL130, especialy on side slopes. Traded two in because of that problem.

Glad the TL140 does not have that problem.:)

P.Services
01-06-2010, 12:51 AM
i dont have a problem with my tracks coming off because my machine is never moving for more then ten feet. Out of the shop......broke........ back in the shop..... never ending process.

Junior M
01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
i dont have a problem with my tracks coming off because my machine is never moving for more then ten feet. Out of the shop......broke........ back in the shop..... never ending process.
Shoulda known when you bought a deere!

Btw, your welcome..

stuvecorp
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Never heard about that one.

AWJ Services
01-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Never heard about that one.

Maybe because only Salesman get the inside info.:rolleyes:

bobcat_ron
01-06-2010, 07:55 PM

Or they will say anything to get more customers, cough,cough TL240vsT650

Junior M
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM