PDA

View Full Version : what are your thoughts

Bobcat'nSTL
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I know this is not the right forum but i didnt feel like posting on plow site
Do you think this is a good deal? Is it in ok shape? What are your thoughts?
I would be putting it on ether a 1999 f250 or a 2004 f350
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/bfs/1523935347.html

dozerman21
01-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I would say it's a fair deal at best. I would try to get it for a few hundred less if you're interested. I can't tell which mount it has, but the RT-3 is simple and quick. I run a 8'2 Boss Poly V and I've been very happy with it. The hydraulics are quick and the RT-3 mount is easy to take on and off.

Bobcat'nSTL
01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I would say it's a fair deal at best. I would try to get it for a few hundred less if you're interested. I can't tell which mount it has, but the RT-3 is simple and quick. I run a 8'2 Boss Poly V and I've been very happy with it. The hydraulics are quick and the RT-3 mount is easy to take on and off.
thanks I was going to offer 1800 at the most I dont know much about plow do I need to buy a hookup for my truck how does the controls and electric hook up thanks

dozerman21
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Just make sure all the hardware is with it, and it should fit your truck without any real fabrication. If you're not familiar with the install, I would just pay a dealer to do it for you. It will probably cost somewhere around $200-$300, but it would be worth it. I have taken a Meyer blade/controls off one truck and put it on a different one, and it can be a job to do if you don't have a garage (in this weather) and the right tools. If you have the time and space though, go for it. If the seller doesn't have the instructions, you can probably download them somewhere or ask around on Plowsite.

Bobcat'nSTL
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Just make sure all the hardware is with it, and it should fit your truck without any real fabrication. If you're not familiar with the install, I would just pay a dealer to do it for you. It will probably cost somewhere around $200-$300, but it would be worth it. I have taken a Meyer blade/controls off one truck and put it on a different one, and it can be a job to do if you don't have a garage (in this weather) and the right tools. If you have the time and space though, go for it. If the seller doesn't have the instructions, you can probably download them somewhere or ask around on Plowsite.

thanks, I have the space and tools because my dad is a full service mechanic and he owns the businesses and it is a family businesses so I have access to every tool I would ever need and he is very knowledgeable about every thing that i would need so i will probably do the install along with his help.