PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Day with Lawn Doctor Next Week

JAMEYBAXTER
01-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I am going to discovery day next week with lawn doctor. I have been reading over this site for a couple of days now, and I know where some of you guys stand on the franchise systems. However, I am in the franchise business right now (Sport Clips 3 store owner/operator). I had 0 knowledge of hair before I got in that business.
I am planning on getting a lot of information from them, and I am taking my friend and potential business partner, who happens to be a collegiately educated and career turf guy currently working for another franchise. He wants to step out from Scotts and I am looking to diversify.
For those of you guys that can/will say:
(1)What do you average in sales per day in your trucks?
(2)how many people do you REALLY need to service 25-50K market size
(3)they say my MSA is actually 4 territories, but they will work with us on drilling them down to "practical" markets. I actually only think there are 2 markets. Anyone have experience with this?
(4)We have TruGreen, Scotts, and Fairway Lawns. 2 of them have reputations that are failing because they are too big to service their customers well. Do you think the opportunity is right to steal customers from them?

bwilder10h
01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm interested to hear your results when you have them. No knowledge of the doctor other than what you have already...

bohiaa
01-13-2010, 07:55 PM
I used to work for a guy that did this, he was in the lawn Business then went to lawn doc. I lost contaic with him for a few years. then met him again and he was doing Quite well.

Best of luck

jalderfer63
01-21-2010, 10:11 AM
How did you make out at discovery day at Lawn Doctor?