PDA

View Full Version : toll free numbers?

JFGauvreau
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I was just curious on how many people actually use a toll free number, and if it helps in being more professional I guess.

And how do you set it up? Can you have a toll free number from a cell phone?

Thanks.
J-F

bohiaa
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
unless you have people in all areas of the country cutting grass. why get a tolll free number,

I would kind of shutter if someone needed a toll free number to contaic me about cutting there grass

PetesLandscape&Supply
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
maybe 10 or 15 years ago it would have been a good idea when people a couple towns over were long distance calls , but now a days with cell phones I dont see it being important enough ,we still have ours because we got it in the late eighties and it only cost 10 bucks a month with are other landline....pete

JFGauvreau
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Alright, sounds good, thx for the input

codykilbeys
01-21-2010, 10:25 PM
I was just curious on how many people actually use a toll free number, and if it helps in being more professional I guess.

And how do you set it up? Can you have a toll free number from a cell phone?

Thanks.
J-F

I am using one. Actually it was a feature of this PBX system a telecommunication provider gave me. Setting it up is easy. They usually have an online or desktop controller to do diverting, call screening, etc.

CrazyBlonde
01-22-2010, 12:00 PM
For those who may need it, it is a great tool. It can be very expensive! My bill comes in at about $93.00 per month, (for 3000 minutes) and I shopped pretty hard before signing up with the provider I chose. Because we have a organic product to distribute, we post a toll free number in our ads and web site. It allows you to forward the number to ANY phone. It also has a scheduler that allows you to set a forwarding schedule. So I forward it to the office during business hours, and to my cell afterhours. It is called AccessLine Smart800. It is available through HOME DEPOT. Cheryl

echeandia
01-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Why bother? Everything around here for 50 miles is a local call.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Every body has cell phones now so no for me. Just make sure you put down your area code. Some clients here don't know it LOL