PDA

View Full Version : tool for wall brick

Mykster
05-25-2002, 04:23 AM
I think it was Versa-lok that had a tool to pick up the bricks, making it alot easier to lift. Will this tool work on all brands of brick, or does each manufacturer have their own tool?

AGLA
05-25-2002, 11:04 AM
I don't know about Versa-Lok, but Keystone had a nice one for their standard size block. It fit in the center hole and balanced the block so that it hung flat. It allowed placement of the bottom course perfectly without dragging it into place and disturbing the gravel base.
If you do this type of wall by making the gravel base as perfect as possible rather than leveling each block, it is well worth the money. If you level each block as you go, it is not worth as much to you.

Stonehenge
05-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Pave Tech/Probst makes 3 sizes of 'Slab Grabbers' for retaining wall block. They work nicely, and can be adjusted for different sizes of block.

steveair
05-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Hello,

I believe the versa-lok tool is especially designed for versa-lok blocks, as it is designed to fit into the peg holes, which no other blocks have.

Most of the others, like the slab grabbers, etc. are somewhat universal and will work on a larger variety of blocks.

steve

Mykster
05-26-2002, 03:24 AM
Forgot to ask, what's the price for these?

Thanks.

Stonehenge
05-26-2002, 02:11 PM
I think they're $50-60.

Check here - you can register and have them send you a product brochure and price list.

http://www.pavetech.com/newtools/s_grabber.shtm

SCAPEASAURUSREX
05-27-2002, 10:58 AM
Bon tool also has a few versions of the block picker upper tools too. I think they were adjustable to fit diff sizes....