PDA

View Full Version : Laser box blade for an excavator?

stuvecorp
01-07-2010, 02:21 AM
I found this as I was cruzin the interweb, what do you think? www.worldconstructionsolutions.com Looks cool, how practical is it? I kind of don't get the 'Fang' bucket thing that was on the website?

coopers
01-07-2010, 07:49 AM
It all looks stupid. Why would one spend extra money for a "grade regulator" when a good operator and a laser level can do just the same. That stupid thing would get in the way from doing other work in between "grade digging." Plus you already got those GPS side mounts for the hoe...

bobcat_ron
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Waste of money, think about it, 20 years from now all these kids will be using this crap to pull a simple side walk grade, and then the electronics die, and everyone starts crying because they can't function anymore.

Gravel Rat
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
What happened to doing it the old fashion way. I agree that grade bucket thing and the box blade attachments are a waste. The fang has some uses but its only good for working in loon chit or soft ground.

DeereMan85
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Waste of money, think about it, 20 years from now all these kids will be using this crap to pull a simple side walk grade, and then the electronics die, and everyone starts crying because they can't function anymore.

While I agree to some extent (especially about this particular product), that is what some people said about computers and the internal combustion engine. Just sayin'.

stuvecorp
01-07-2010, 08:19 PM
You got to give it to them, at least they are working on new stuff and they are creative. The excavator grader isn't that far fetched if you think about it, it seems like more and more the excavator is used for other stuff than digging.

hvy 1ton
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Did somebody say excavator grader box?

coopers
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Okay the first pic you can grade that with a grade beam...the second pic I can understand because of the rails...

hvy 1ton
01-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Second one is wrong picture, it moves the ballast so they can rotate and pull the ties out. I can't find the other pic i was trying to attach.

ksss
01-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Well these guys certain do think outside of the box.

there screed looks interesting, it must be able to level itself regardless of how the excavator is sitting, if not major problem.

The red box blade looks good. I could see if you needed to patch back asphalt frequently it would be a time saver. I use a clean up bucket but this system would be faster and more accurate I think.