PDA

View Full Version : Income potential as Solo

rapaport
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I am curious as to who in here does fert and pest application business and makes a good income/living. I am curious as to what kind of living a solo operator could do. I am brand new to this like to get some info from any expierenced folks out there. This business would be performed in Indiana.
Thank you

Omran&Turbo
01-08-2010, 11:54 PM
i am curious as to who in here does fert and pest application business and makes a good income/living. I am curious as to what kind of living a solo operator could do. I am brand new to this like to get some info from any expierenced folks out there. This business would be performed in indiana.
Thank you

well, to be able to do any of the pest control/chemicals applications, you need a licence first and ten you need a heavey insurance, so if you think you can afford to pay all that upfront till yu find enough customers, then you will make diesent money in few years,but you have to be paitient first.
I never done that before, but I asked a good friend of mine who does it and he saidthat the insurance alone is about $2500 a year.

GravelyGuy
01-09-2010, 12:19 AM
The insurance will be the least of your concerns getting started. The hardest part will be just getting customers. Way too much landscaping activity in this state.:hammerhead:

Greg78
01-09-2010, 12:30 AM
The insurance will be the least of your concerns getting started. The hardest part will be just getting customers. Way too much landscaping activity in this state.:hammerhead:

I don't know about IN but in FL you have to have documented time working for a company, or a degree to get your applicators license, so that might be a big hurdle as well.

vanncann
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't know about IN but in FL you have to have documented time working for a company, or a degree to get your applicators license, so that might be a big hurdle as well. Same in Alabama, you have to have time on the job just to take the tests. Insurance is not bad at all here, it was just an ad on on the liability policy I have.