PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Paint?

wanabe
01-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I would like to repaint the rear door on my T300, but im having a hard time finding the correct paint. I looked at what the bobcat dealer sells, and it looks like its cheep crap paint. I was hoping to use PPG 2 part urathane, but they don't have the color code for the orange in the system. Anyone know the code or a orange color thats real close to what bobcat uses? Thanks

Bleed Green
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Could you take a chip of the paint to a paint store and have them match it? That might be a choice for you.

YellowDogSVC
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
sherwin williams has fantastic industrial paints. They aren't just for painting your house. Go in and ask for the manager. They can match anything and help you with any troubleshooting and prep work.

Shrekish
01-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I painted the back door of mine about 5 years ago with Bobcat heavy duty equipment enamel. Part #6722783 11.5 oz spray can from my Bobcat dealer. I removed the decals and lightly sanded then sprayed. Installed new decals and its looked great ever since. I also got a Qt of the white part # 6722788 if you wanted to spray.I don't know if your dealer is selling Bobcat brand paint or something else. But with that part # they should be able to get it.

all ferris
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I just used a couple rattle cans from Bobcat. It matched perfect and is pretty tough. Plus, it's easier than setting up the HVLP spray gun and then have to clean it.