PDA

View Full Version : My Bobcat salesmen answered the phone when I called at 2:15am

all ferris
01-08-2010, 08:29 PM
We've been plowing the last couple nights and I had an employee call to tell me a hydraulic line blew at 2:15am. I thought that the machine would be down till some place opened to make the new hose. On a whim I thought I would call my salesman to leave a message about renting a machine first thing when they opened. To my surprise he answered and then met me at the shop so I could get the parts. It saved me from possibly losing a large 13 acre plow job.

I don't care if Bobcat skids aren't the latest and greatest (I'm very happy with my T200 and MT55), I will always buy Bobcat just because of the great service.

blk90s13
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Amazing :)

Scag48
01-08-2010, 08:43 PM
That's awesome. I think a lot of guys forget that the color of paint means very little if you can't get parts quickly. Dealer support is incredibly important and should be high priority when purchasing equipment. Buy what works, what you like, and what you can get running again with little hassle from the dealer in the event of a breakdown.

AEL
01-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Scag just said it best.

I cant complain one bit about my bobcat salesman excellent guy, hes there whenever i need him.

wanabe
01-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Did this happen to be Bobcat of St. Louis? I bought a machine from them this week, and the salesman has been more than great. Even called to make sure I got home and unloaded ok. How many salesmen do this?

mrsops
01-08-2010, 10:42 PM
We've been plowing the last couple nights and I had an employee call to tell me a hydraulic line blew at 2:15am. I thought that the machine would be down till some place opened to make the new hose. On a whim I thought I would call my salesman to leave a message about renting a machine first thing when they opened. To my surprise he answered and then met me at the shop so I could get the parts. It saved me from possibly losing a large 13 acre plow job.

I don't care if Bobcat skids aren't the latest and greatest (I'm very happy with my T200 and MT55), I will always buy Bobcat just because of the great service.

All ferris thats where your wrong.. They have always been the greatest and with the new m series line they cant be touched go bobcat :weightlifter:

My salesman is a great guy to

lifetree
01-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Amazing :)

Yes, that is absolutely amazing ... congratulations on knowing how to pick your business partners !!

Mowingman
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Service after the sale means everything. Even more than what brand you buy.
Congratulations on having a great dealer to support your operations. Those kind of dealers are few and far between nowadays.

YellowDogSVC
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
very cool. Bobcat has visited me, at home, on Saturday and met me way out of their area to deliver parts.
that is pretty good service. I wish, though, Bobcat was open on the weekends. I'd work more of them.

Omran&Turbo
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM

I agree with you 100% on this, I also have very very good ppl from Bobcat here in louisville, and they do all what they can to take care of me, I don't think that any other company has this good treatment for the customers,
AFTER ALL THEY WHO INVENTED THE SKID STEER, AND THAT IS A FACT :laugh:

QualityLawnCare4u
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Dang, you can't beat that for first class service! I don't know of to many clients I would answer at 2AM and be very happy about it. That is going the extra mile and then some.

2109 Stang
01-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Good for you .

And to think that's the way it used to be ,and probably the best thing to do in this global market, that only means nobody gives a flying cr@p after the sale is done.

Way to go Bobcat. :usflag:

meets1
01-09-2010, 02:54 AM
My BC dealer even left me have key to his shop. After he fixed my nh tractor!
Posted via Mobile Device

ioilyouin
01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Which salesman?

Ozz
01-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I agree with you 100% on this, I also have very very good ppl from Bobcat here in louisville, and they do all what they can to take care of me, I don't think that any other company has this good treatment for the customers,
AFTER ALL THEY WHO INVENTED THE SKID STEER, AND THAT IS A FACT :laugh:

BC of KY? they have really good service.

DeereMan85
01-09-2010, 04:45 PM
My BC dealer even left me have key to his shop. After he fixed my nh tractor!
Posted via Mobile Device

How come you had him working on your NH when their shops are only a couple blocks apart?

MOREDIRT
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
You really need that good service when you run bobcat they are always in the shop. :laugh:

all ferris
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Did this happen to be Bobcat of St. Louis? I bought a machine from them this week, and the salesman has been more than great. Even called to make sure I got home and unloaded ok. How many salesmen do this?

It was Bobcat of St. Louis. I won't say the guys name but he does serve the Southern IL area. I'm in Clinton county IL.

I am going to personally send the owner of Bobcat of STL a letter to let him know how great the salesman is.

all ferris
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
You really need that good service when you run bobcat they are always in the shop. :laugh:

Someone had to poopoo this thread. Get a life.

MOREDIRT
01-09-2010, 05:11 PM
The truth hurts sorry

AEL
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
wow Moredirt real mature buddy. Glad to hear your Gehl skidsteer hasnt broken down once in the 20 hours of owner ship, which only consisted of cleaning up your giant pile of BS surrounding your computer....

Save the drama for gravel rat .

KrayzKajun
01-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up for your salesman

westcoh
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Gotta say that is impressive, and the same reason I plan on sticking with Bobcat for years to come.

YellowDogSVC
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM

:hammerhead::dizzy:

ksss
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Thats really good. I think the credit really needs to go to the individual salesman, who happens to work for BC. As is often the case, it comes down to the individual effort put forth by someone who is in a position to make a difference. If BC had a policy mandating such 24 hour service then Kudos goes to BC. This is an awesome display of a guy willing to go the extra mile for his customer. I am sure no matter what color he happened to sell, he would respond accordingly. Very impressive.

AEL
01-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I love the bobcat product but completly agree with ksss, it was the individual who did what he did. I have dealt with bc people who wouldnt even get out of there chair to get a sale. Thank God my sales man now is top notch.

ioilyouin
01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
It was Bobcat of St. Louis. I won't say the guys name but he does serve the Southern IL area. I'm in Clinton county IL.

I am going to personally send the owner of Bobcat of STL a letter to let him know how great the salesman is.

Was it S or J?

Where are you at in Clinton Co?

YellowDogSVC
01-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I love the bobcat product but completly agree with ksss, it was the individual who did what he did. I have dealt with bc people who wouldnt even get out of there chair to get a sale. Thank God my sales man now is top notch.

very true. I had a CAT salesman that was awesome. They come from all brands. Individuals who are superstars in what they do and when they are supporting us in the trenches, it is much appreciated.

tthomass
01-10-2010, 12:57 AM
I tried getting a battery last week because mine was dead (2004) in the back of my roll off. Called up, spoke to parts dept for a price.......asked about delivery........"we don't deliver"........when I know damn well they've dropped stuff off for friends of mine. I just got off the phone and went to an auto parts store vs dealing with their BS. Thanks a lot Bobcat of Northern VA.....wonder where I'll be buying my S300/T250/T300 from???

meets1
01-10-2010, 08:13 PM
To respond to a thread by IOWA about NH tractor being worked on at my bobcat dealer - well I have two of these units - thie machine is 2 yrs old and always cold, leaking, ect. Always going back and forth to Nh dealer and alwasy the same results - none. Getting filters one day for my skid at BC dealer and asking him about it who sells kubota - he told me sounds like a engine block heater or thermostat issue and bring it in and I'll look for ya. I brought it there and the block heater was shortening out due to antifreeze leaking due to the rubber gasket. After an hour to take apart - put new in and problem fixed. In the meantime it is snowing here heavily and it is Sat. afternoon - he said heck let the machine sit here if you need it and here is a key. So his warm shop and attitude was great! I like my NH tractor's better than the kubota but he did a great job servicing me and actually fixing the problem.

DeereMan85
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
That is good service - but I'm surprised your NH guys didn't treat you better than they did. As far as Bobcat goes, have you had any trouble getting parts or anything now that he's not officially a Bobcat dealer?

AEL
01-10-2010, 11:43 PM
My New Holland dealer has been brutal! Never again will i buy a nh.

meets1
01-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Getting parts - no. He has an outlet somewhere. He sold 4 new machines the end of x-mas. Pretty cool looking at fresh paint! He sold one new style machine - I think a 650? He sold two 185's and one T320. Two machines went to contractors and the one went to just some guy on an acrage for whatever he does and the T320 went ot a dairy outfit. So even though he is not an official BC dealer -he is getting there machines from someone else outthere.

DeereMan85
01-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Getting parts - no. He has an outlet somewhere. He sold 4 new machines the end of x-mas. Pretty cool looking at fresh paint! He sold one new style machine - I think a 650? He sold two 185's and one T320. Two machines went to contractors and the one went to just some guy on an acrage for whatever he does and the T320 went ot a dairy outfit. So even though he is not an official BC dealer -he is getting there machines from someone else outthere.

Yeah, I heard he's got a deal going with R & J out of Fort Dodge. Just curious how that was all working out - makes it handy for you guys right in town, I'm sure. I can't believe a dairy guy would buy a track machine to likely run on concrete all day, especially given the current state of the dairy industry. He must not have read the "CTLs are the Devil" thread we've had going on here. :laugh:

meets1
01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
I just know the dairy guy said getting bales, loading, cleaning out stalls - better traction than that of wheeled skids. He said going across the frozen tundra is not near as rough either with the tracks. BC dealer - yes is handy and hope it stays that way. I like being in town with business but sometimes you just need to go outside of town for a better deal or different equipment.

AEL
01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Just wanted to say its about 10:40 pm here monday night and i have been in conversations all night with my bc salesman on a package deal . Any Ontarians here make sure you contact Sean at Matthews equipment in Barrie. Hes the man!

mrsops
01-12-2010, 05:32 AM
Just wanted to say its about 10:40 pm here monday night and i have been in conversations all night with my bc salesman on a package deal . Any Ontarians here make sure you contact Sean at Matthews equipment in Barrie. Hes the man!

What are you looking on buying??

AEL
01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Im going out on my own from the partnership and doing my own thing, so right now I am getting a t190 a91 package fully loaded, and an E32 fully loaded, hyd thumb and ditching the NH on trade in!

ARP
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey Sean- congrats on the new venture?

Any reason you're going with the E32 over the E35?

NEUSWEDE
01-12-2010, 10:16 PM
The big question is how many of you would answer the phone if one of your clients were calling in the middle of the night? I tell all my clients my number is a 24 hour number so if they need anything night or day to call that is why I use a cell instead of a lan line for company phone.

meets1
01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Nh is big here. R their sales numbers out there per machine? Who sold x units?
Posted via Mobile Device

DUSTYCEDAR
01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
bobcat dealer has always been great in this area

Digdug
01-12-2010, 11:11 PM
The big question is how many of you would answer the phone if one of your clients were calling in the middle of the night? I tell all my clients my number is a 24 hour number so if they need anything night or day to call that is why I use a cell instead of a lan line for company phone.

Ya, I will answer my phone 24hrs a day also. Got to do everything in my power to be available for my customers more than the next guy.

ioilyouin
01-13-2010, 03:30 PM
In season there is no offtime for us. That's part of being a service oriented business.

bobcat9957
01-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I think thats the reason alot of people around here have Cats. Parts is open 24 hours. And yes I have been there at 3 AM and there was actually quite a bit going on. I guess thats when alot of the shipping/receiving goes on.

YellowDogSVC
01-13-2010, 04:24 PM
My bobcat sales guys are good, too, but I wouldn't want to call after closing unless it was an emergency. I don't think the local Bobcat dealer has 24 hr service. I've never tried to call, though.

gobbles2700
01-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Ya, I will answer my phone 24hrs a day also. Got to do everything in my power to be available for my customers more than the next guy.

I will answer the phone if the number comes up 24hrs but never answer private, unavailable, or 800 #s they all go to voicemail.

Back to the thread, service like that is crucial in this day and age.

YellowDogSVC
01-15-2010, 11:03 PM
How many of you work weekends if people ask? I always say I don't like to but I'm starting to rethink it. If something breaks, I can't get parts on the weekend, though. Bobcat doesn't have after hours parts or service.

ARP
01-16-2010, 12:40 AM
I work as many weekends as possible. If it was possible to have 10 day weeks and 30 hr days I would figure out a way to make those days and hours productive as well.

And yes, I do answer the phone for my customers anytime of day or night. If I'm on the other line or in a conversation with someone, I make sure to call back within 5-10 mins of any missed call. I also try to stick to the guideline gobbles mentioned, and only pick up calls that show a number.

On weekends, you just hope nothing bad happens or that you have the spare parts to fix whatever breaks.

YellowDogSVC
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I work as many weekends as possible. If it was possible to have 10 day weeks and 30 hr days I would figure out a way to make those days and hours productive as well.

And yes, I do answer the phone for my customers anytime of day or night. If I'm on the other line or in a conversation with someone, I make sure to call back within 5-10 mins of any missed call. I also try to stick to the guideline gobbles mentioned, and only pick up calls that show a number.

On weekends, you just hope nothing bad happens or that you have the spare parts to fix whatever breaks.

YOU the Man! What I wouldn't give to have that kind of energy again! How do you do it? If I could do it for weeks on end, I could take off and go fishing. When i was younger, that's how I operated. Now with kids, a ranch, pets, a wife, and work and bids, I'm lucky to have enough energy to do anything. Maybe I need to start working out again?? I eat much better the last year or two but that isn't helping the energy thing.

lflitepilot
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Well don't expect that type of treatment from the sales people in Connecticut... As soon as the deal is done you wont see them for 2 years... They are too busy doing private things on the side.... Bobcat hasnt been able to keep a salesman for more than a year at a time in fairfield county..(Except for Boski who would always talk shop when needed) IMO