PDA

View Full Version : What % of gross do you set aside for advertisments

meicher806
01-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Just like the title says, what % of your gross do you set aside for your yearly advertisments? If you dont set a certain % aside what do you spend per year on advertising. Are you going to spend more/less/same as last year?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-08-2010, 11:34 PM
I would say near 5% of gross receipts go toward marketing (ads, flyers, doorhangers, signage, logo clothing, etc).

Mikol87
01-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I advertise in the newspaper ($500 a year) My truck lettering ($100 one time fee) Business cards ($150 for 1000) i think? word of mouth (free) Phone book ($60 a month) I do pretty well. (20-30 new coustomers a year)

DuWayne
01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
what forms of advertising do you find most affective?

FYS777
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM

the work that i do, i have never advertised and have plenty of work!!

FYS777
01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Just like the title says, what % of your gross do you set aside for your yearly advertisments? If you dont set a certain % aside what do you spend per year on advertising. Are you going to spend more/less/same as last year?

I set aside 0 % and average between 70 and 80 accounts.

FYS777
01-13-2010, 07:49 PM

the only thing i have is the signs on my trailor that i made myself,, i'll get some pics tomorrow.

Mikol87
01-13-2010, 10:20 PM

I can tell you it varries from region to region. I mow in a town of 12,000 people. I have an add I run in the local paper and it has been by far the best advertising I've done. I am usually the only "somewhat" professional guy in the paper so that probably is one reason I've been lucky. I know in the town next to us, which has twice the population, there are several LCO who advertise there. Most of the LCO here are to buesy to accept new coustomers. I have yet to have that problem.:) Gota love rural Iowa!

SangerLawn
01-13-2010, 10:52 PM
the work that i do, i have never advertised and have plenty of work!!

AMEN!!!!!:weightlifter::weightlifter:

DuWayne
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Thank you for the info. I am trying a muti prong approuch. I will be trying a billboard, radio, local paper, church bulletin, and our city also has an events book put out quarterly. I'm not completly new to this but new this year in starting on my own.
I have noticed that in my area you have alot of guys that do lawn mowing services.
Talking to two different realtors its not hard to find a lawn service but it is hard find find someone to do a good job, I hope to use that that to my advantage.
Also in our area we have three weed and feed companies one a local coop and to chains,
which both drive 30-40 mins. One thing I have noticed is that nobody offers both a lawn mowing service and weed and feed programs they do one or the other, I plan to provide both. I do have an older gentleman that will help me out with mowingshould I full on the behind side.
I do have another question you say you have about 12K in your city how many clients do you have? I have about 20k in my basse city with about 8-10K surounding me within 16miles. I was just wonderingwhat I might expect for clientel, I think I have a great plan and offer a great service as to tthe competion, I'm just nervus about getting clients to make all this work out.
My goal is to have 15 lawn mowing, and about 75-100 weed and feed.

DuWayne
01-14-2010, 10:22 AM
AMEN!!!!!:weightlifter::weightlifter:

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html

Well I have to say that looks realy nice how often to you mow?
Do you go over it twice each time you mow or are you just mowing that often?
I for one am a firm believer in word of both, and the appearence of your work will speak volumes, but I don't have that to use, yet. By next year I plan to ba able to say that.