PDA

View Full Version : Prepay letter

elite lawns
01-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Do any of you guys have a prepay letter you could share with me for lawn service. Thanks

MikeKle
01-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Are you talking about asking your clients for advances at the beginning of the season? If so, I have about 3-4 certain clients that always pre-pay for about the first 3 months of the season, it really helps me out, as that first month is kind of a bear due to not having any bills coming in and still having all the expenses right off the bat. My advice is just to talk with them about this and not sending a letter, that is a bit too impersonal and they are more likely to do it if they hear from you in person. One of my clients pre-pays because he travels from April to late June every year and is not here to pay me, so that is a win win for everyone. Good Luck!

topsites
01-09-2010, 04:20 AM
I would have to agree, also anytime I run into a customer whom I think
might not pay I personally let them know I need my money upfront.

Because to most folks that stuff won't fly and you can try it but you'll likely have to compromise considerably elsewhere.

azandy
01-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Are you looking for prepay letters for weed and fert? Ours come from our Real Green program. Clip might have something too. Check their sites. We used to make our own before we had Real Green. You need to offer a discount or additional service for someone to prepay.

MikeKle
01-09-2010, 11:19 AM
When I pick up new clients, I kinda feel them out and determine if they will be a problem or not, most of the time, I ask new clients to pay cash the first month or so, then if everything goes smooth, I will put them on monthly billing if they prefer it. IF you pick up a new client and they want to be billed right away, you could be mowing for them that whole month, and they never even intend to pay the bill!! You just did free service for the whole month!! I found I can tell alot about a person by the first meeting, but sometimes its not so easy?