PDA

View Full Version : a light riddle

The Lighting Geek
01-09-2010, 12:54 AM
i will post the answer tomorrow, but post your answers!

A light-tight wooden box has three switches on the outside that control three light bulbs on the inside. When the box is closed you can turn the switches on or off but when you open the box how can you tell which switch controls each bulb without touching the switches?

emby
01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Turn one switch on for a few minutes then turn it off and then turn on another switch before you open the box. One bulb will be on, the other warm and the last one cold.:canadaflag:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Turn one switch on for a few minutes then turn it off and then turn on another switch before you open the box. One bulb will be on, the other warm and the last one cold.:canadaflag:

Correct answer or not, that is how I would do it! :canadaflag:

Lite4
01-09-2010, 01:41 PM

That is what I would do also. Seems the most logical.

David Gretzmier
01-10-2010, 12:53 AM
dang canadiens. it is so cold there now they can dedicate all their brain power to riddles. but I believe that is the right answer. :clapping:

klkanders
01-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I like the way you think Ken!
My answer: I would ask Tommy how he wired it up! :)

The Lighting Geek
01-10-2010, 02:27 AM
You are correct! I was reading riddles to my grand daughter and thought it would be fun to post.