PDA

View Full Version : HAs anyone had good luck with a trailing/ offset mower?

mjschue
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
I personally have only used a Swisher 60". Not putting them down by any means just saying it was not what I expected. Way under powered for what I was trying to do. Same complaint from many other people who have tried them in my area. I pulled mine with a 102 Cub Cadet and most time the Swisher determined how fast I could drive. Like the way it handled around tress and such, but need something heavier duty. I have upgraded to the 35hp Cat powered Bad Boy and probably don't need it but it would make even faster mowing and I wouldn't have to find a second person to help me. Plus I think it would be cheaper than a Zero turn. 2 huge pluses for me.

JoeinJasper
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I've never used this, but I found it when I was looking for something else...
http://kunzeng.com/ .It looks interesting.
Joe

mjschue
01-09-2010, 06:37 PM
yes I saw them as well, still would want to see one work after my experience.
If I can't find one I am serioussly thinking of building one for my own use. I have a list of features I would add as well that niether these nor the swisher adress

N.TX
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Someone posted that had the kunzeng and said that it would keep up with the zero turn. You might do a search on the kunzeng on this site.

mjschue
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Forgot to mention the price $3995 without the hitch for the top of the line unit. No drive system or seat, only 18hp. That's where I would just buy another or a bigger ZTR. Way to much $$$ for a light deck with an 18 hp engine which is really all they are.

MikeKle
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Do not trust anything Swisher builds! It is all junk, You truly do get what you pay for in this industry. I would check out Woods.

doubleedge
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
yes I saw them as well, still would want to see one work after my experience.
If I can't find one I am serioussly thinking of building one for my own use. I have a list of features I would add as well that niether these nor the swisher adress

That would probably be pretty easy if you had or could find an old walkbehind or ztr that has a good deck and engine.

LouisianaLawnboy
01-10-2010, 12:57 AM
I had the swisher and didn't use it. It is a little underpowered. The top speed I think is like 5 mph. Which is too slow for me.

Oldtimer
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
http://kunzeng.com/

I have sold a few of these units and they are worth their price. Gary designs his products with more than adequate horse power and durability to meet the needs of commercial users.

There is definitely a learning curve to using these units. In order to get blade overlap the units pull at an angle and the first time user quickly learns which way not to turn.

Oldtimer