PDA

View Full Version : lesco/home depot

CLM1
03-30-2000, 09:34 PM
Boy, talk about a low blow! This was below the belt!!<br>Stopped in at my local Home Depot this afternoon on the way in and I like to have come unglued right there on the spot! <br>They are not only now carrying Lesco fertilizer, pre-m, weed/feed, etc. but they are also are now selling Lesco commercial mowers!!!<br>Think I'll place a call to my sales rep. and to headquarters. It may not do any good other than personal satisfaction and some venting!!<br>It's time to find another supplier. Hey, maybe we could all band together and boycott Lesco for the summer! I know if some body got in my hip pocket I'd be wanting to know why!<br>BOYCOTT LESCO!<br>BOYCOTT LESCO!<br>BOYCOTT LESCO!

steveair
03-30-2000, 11:22 PM
This reminds me of a conversation I had today at my Stihl dealer.<p>We were talking about chain saws, and someone mentioned how, about 30 years ago, Homelite, yes, homelite, use to be the premier chain saw. Said his dad has one 30 years old and still uses it today. Imagine that. <p>Who knows, in five years you could walk into K-mart and next to the chia-pets there will be sitting the &quot;new&quot; line of scag homeowner mowers. Anything can happen, and it usually does.<p>steveair<p>

Lanelle
03-31-2000, 12:12 AM
Just goes to show that you can't always believe a company's press releases. Just recently Lesco said they'd keep their commercial mowers out of Home Depot. Since they are made by MTD which also makes several retail brands, that seemed logical. Guess they can close their Lesco shops soon and get rid of all that excess staff since you can usually pass a Home Depot on the way to Lesco.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

Lanelle
03-31-2000, 11:11 PM
Now for an update on this. My daughter works for Home Depot and just went to their equipment roadshow (training) yesterday. She assured me that the mowers were all homeowner brands such as Scotts, Honda and Murray. Since she has operated commercial mowing equipment, she definitely knows the difference. And she was unimpressed with all of the mowers and weed trimmers. So, at least in the NoVa area, no Lescos at the Home Depot, yet.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

thelawnguy
04-01-2000, 01:19 PM
The Home Depot in Berlin and Southington CT carried Lesco commercial mowers for many years but dropped the line when the Lesco service center opened two-three years ago near here.<p>Bill

CLM1
04-04-2000, 11:54 AM
Home Depot and local Lesco service center are w/in 4 mi. of ea. other.