PDA

View Full Version : New to me truck

zima
01-09-2010, 09:17 PM
been in bus.solo for a few years and going from open trailer to enclosed truck and see how that works,for now i'm using the ramp that came whit the truck to load up a 36, hope all of you have a profitable year.

KrayzKajun
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
nice you mite need to reorganize things

Premier landscaping south
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I hope things work out for you.

On the other hand I don't see the advantage of using a truck like that other than security reasons.

I use a F-150 with a open 6'x12' tandem. I am trying to think of the advantages of a box truck.

Sorry for being negative but enlighten me on why you think this is better option for you. I may stand to learn something and that is why we are on this site.

Father&Daughter Lawn care
01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
no loading or unloading at the end of the day. Everything stays in the truck safe and dry. It is also a rolling billboard.

Premier landscaping south
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Point taken.

I am thinking about employees walking up and down that ramp I don't know how many times a day and possibly taking a fall. Looks to me like you would have to unload every time you want to unload debris.

Will the ramp handle a larger ZTR?

Advertising would be awesome on that truck!

AzLawnMan
01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
In Arizona in the summer, it can get as hot as 115 degrees. I cant imagine walking up and down a ramp, crawling over all that equipment and dumping grass way in the back! I use our box truck for delivering plants and trees. My sprinkler tech mainly uses it though. I would invest in a trailer for trash. You can easily organize your equipment in the Box truck and still have it safe from theft and leave trash outside. IMHO.

zima
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
security reasons and tools and equip stay dry,that job was a tigh back yard fallen tree clean up;couldn't tow the trailer back there,but i plan on using a 6x12 that i have to haul debris and materials,about the ramp don't know how it hold up i only run 36 decks for now.

JFGauvreau
01-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Nice truck, u should organized a bit tho.

I love those trucks for advertising, and correct me if i'm wrong but that is way more solid than any enclosed trailers.

RLLServicesCT
01-11-2010, 10:15 PM
A wee bit messy sir?

zima
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes i need to organize things,when i get some $ i will get some racks and stuff to give it a profesional look inside and out. Thanks for all your replays and great ideas.

helidriver
01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I use an enclosed trailers. I cant see the positives for this unless you have no snow and or pick up truck to use. Do you see a different ramp system in the future? I dont know, to each his own. They actually sell this type of truck brand new set up for landscaping. You might be going the right way for your business. Let me know. thanks.

helidriver
01-12-2010, 09:54 AM
I laugh when I look at it...like a wall of machinery and organic matter....hahaha. Its alive!!!

zima
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Yes ramps,or a hydro lift is on the plans for the future:laugh:

zima
01-12-2010, 11:23 PM
yes the box on the truck is fiberglass,and this is the trailer i will be using to dump debris,do mulch or pinestraw,clean ups,landscape installs etc.i'm in need of the smell of fresh cut grass:drinkup:

zima
01-14-2010, 08:20 AM
In Arizona in the summer, it can get as hot as 115 degrees. I cant imagine walking up and down a ramp, crawling over all that equipment and dumping grass way in the back! I use our box truck for delivering plants and trees. My sprinkler tech mainly uses it though. I would invest in a trailer for trash. You can easily organize your equipment in the Box truck and still have it safe from theft and leave trash outside. IMHO.

This is the plan,i won't be towing it every day.Thank you for all your comments.

AzLawnMan
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Very nice setup! You have the best of both worlds. Also in the colder months you can use the trucks for naps in between jobs!:sleeping:

Southern Lawn Maintenance
01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
That will work just get it cleaned up :)

Freedom Lawn Service
01-14-2010, 03:42 PM
there is a landscape ramp for $1500 that you could weld to the back on Craigslist in the Nashville area.

anotherturfgeek
01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
The 1st picture looked great but went downhill from there. you need to stow stuff off the floor...

STIHL GUY
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
that truck will look great all lettered up