PDA

View Full Version : Innovative companies?

circlelawn
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Anyone want to share how they are shaking up the lawn care industry with innovative machinery or techniques? (ie alternative fuel, company structure, etc.)

Oxmow
01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm thinking of letting my workers run the office and the managers doing the lawns this year!!! Just kidding. We have a company here that has switched all of its mowers over to propane. said it saves them something like 20% on fuel for the year. Of course thats when the changeover gets paid for.

circlelawn
01-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I was just researching into propane but couldn't find an exact answer on if it would save money or not. Conversion seems to be pretty easy for mowers atleast, I am not sure about trucks. Let me know how that works out for you.

bohiaa
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I too would be interested. I'm sure Oboma will come up with some type of incentive for us...

MikeKle
01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
What does a tank of propane cost( the size that best fits a mower)? How long does that tank last? Does it hurt the engine if the engine runs the propane tank dry and stalls? I may look into this for my WBs as fuel is supposed to be high this year! ANy idea on how much a normal conversion costs for say a Kawi 23hp? Thanks guys. Hey if it goes well with the mowers, I may just change that Dodge over to, as that is the main gas guzzler of my operation, not the mowers!

Oxmow
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
The fellow here that did it stated it as about 500.00 per mower. He uses alot of toro WB's