PDA

View Full Version : Its so cold in Florida that its.

JB1
01-10-2010, 11:47 AM
What, how bad is it. Mickey has the long johns on ?

billslawn89
01-10-2010, 01:37 PM
lol ! its so cold in florida that i have blankets wrapped around my palm trees to keep them warm, as well as halogen lamps shining on them .... this is just unreal! grass is brown and another cold blast tonight. feels like i'm back in ohio..wtf?

SchnabelLawnCare
01-10-2010, 01:42 PM
What, how bad is it. Mickey has the long johns on ?

Lmao, yeah JB, it's probably in the low 40's down there or something...

ALC-GregH
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
It's the beginning of the end. Soon Fl will be a glacier and the north pole will be a big ocean.

Damian
01-10-2010, 02:22 PM
It's so cold that iguanas are falling from trees and shrubs.

JB1
01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
It's so cold that iguanas are falling from trees and shrubs.

now that would be something to see.

toolmaker1967
01-10-2010, 03:00 PM
hey..maybee we could get Al Gore down there to warm things up with his body mass and a good wind bag speech!!:hammerhead:

CkLandscapingOrlando
01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Its so cold that you guy's might be paying 6+ per gallon of oj for up to 3 years. Or even longer if these freezes have the same effect as the 89 freeze that resulted in billion in losses to both fruit and ornamental growers alike. And resulted in large numbers of growers selling out. Which then allows brazil to take another American market off shore. Let alone the fact that a large part of the plants you guy's use are started and sometimes finished right here. So the impact could travel that route as well. It's also cold enough to completly ruin resi and comercial landscapes still under warranty which could ruin many businesses in this economy. It's also cold enough to all but stop sod production and instalation. It's also cold enough to potentialy kill of an indangered species called the manatee. Your strawberry short cake, pine apples, and any other tropical fruit, yea it's cold enough to kill all that to.Then you got the millions in maint that just aint getting made due to it being cold enough

Springmeadows
01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
CkLandscape makes it sound like the end of the world. It's cold everywhere. We have been below 20 for 3 weeks in a row. What can any of us do about it? ....nothing...

Damian
01-11-2010, 03:07 AM
now that would be something to see.

I was watching one of the cable news channels the other day and they were in fact showing them. Unlike cats, they do not land on their feet...

Richard Martin
01-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Unlike cats, they do not land on their feet...

Having had at least one cat in the house for my entire 51 years I can tell you... Cat aren't graceful as most people think and they certainly don't always land on their feet.

Our temps here in NC have been about 15° below normal since December 15 or so. One of the reasons I moved here was to get away from weeks and weeks of cold. The end is in sight though.

jvanvliet
01-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Cancelled sod installation... will wait till Thursday when it'll get up to bout 70 down my way.

Anyone hear the expression "so cold it'll freeze the balls off a brass monkey"?

CkLandscapingOrlando
01-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Good luck finding sod thats worth throwing. Lats year every thing was brown after that short freeze. Cabbage is gone as well. Millions in the trash on that crop.

This is a year round ag state so lets not compare states that are set up for cold. We grow year round and cut year round where you northern boys just plow and tha farms shut down. Not the end of the world but you can bet there is billions in negative economic impact from this.

ALC-GregH
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Good luck finding sod thats worth throwing. Lats year every thing was brown after that short freeze. Cabbage is gone as well. Millions in the trash on that crop.

This is a year round ag state so lets not compare states that are set up for cold. We grow year round and cut year round where you northern boys just plow and tha farms shut down. Not the end of the world but you can bet there is billions in negative economic impact from this.

no doubt it's going to take a hard hit. Boys? Yeah right. :weightlifter:

BearWise Landscapers
01-11-2010, 10:29 AM
It is too cold for me down here!

I might move farther south.

Richard Martin
01-11-2010, 10:32 AM

It was in the 40's in Cuba this morning.

Damian
01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Having had at least one cat in the house for my entire 51 years I can tell you... Cat aren't graceful as most people think and they certainly don't always land on their feet.

Our temps here in NC have been about 15° below normal since December 15 or so. One of the reasons I moved here was to get away from weeks and weeks of cold. The end is in sight though.

Especially if they're frozen... :D

Man, I am so enjoying this season of Not Summer. 'Course, I'm unemployed and not getting a paycheck for te next couple of months, but this cool weather is what I live for.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
that does suck for the farmers down there

A Leaf Above
01-11-2010, 06:10 PM

Might have to go Key west to get warmth cause it was 34 here in west ft. lauderdale this morning ..Miami was same temp ...Gonna have to go to the Caribean or something :)