PDA

View Full Version : Business name problem

chevyguy$$
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Im in ohio i wanted my name to be chuck's lawn care or chuck's landscaping i think both of these are taken im not sure yet cause my lawyer have not looked yet but i did i think im not goin to be able to use them do you guy have any opinions on this thanks.... OTHER NAMES OR ANYTHING

JFGauvreau
01-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Chuck's outdoor services? I dunno. try using your last name, maybe you will get more chance with that.

JBlawn
01-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I just looked and someone filed chucks landscaping but status says canceled so you should be able to file it also no results were found on chucks lawn care

you can check
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/portal/PORTAL_BS.BS_QRY_BUS_INFORMATION1.SHOW_PARMS

chevyguy$$
01-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I just looked and someone filed chucks landscaping but status says canceled so you should be able to file it also no results were found on chucks lawn care

you can check
http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/portal/PORTAL_BS.BS_QRY_BUS_INFORMATION1.SHOW_PARMS

thanks i google chuck's lawn care in found them in fremont ohio u try they have a big company chuck's landscaping to but when i checked the business filling like you said they are found why is that????

TheLawnRangerLLC
01-10-2010, 02:47 PM
I had the same problem when I registered my business name. I looked high and low on the net for anyone in ohio who was using the name. I eventually found out that it was already registered. I got around that by adding the city from which I am based out of. The Lawn Ranger Of Cincinnati, LLC. So, you could always try Chuck's Lawncare and Landscape Of ________,LLC or what ever you choose... inc, s-corp etc.

JBlawn
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
thanks i google chuck's lawn care in found them in fremont ohio u try they have a big company chuck's landscaping to but when i checked the business filling like you said they are found why is that????

it probably means they have not filed there name. i would download the forms you need to file and send it in, it cost like 50 if there is any problems they will let you know. that way you can always make them change there name since you legally own the name (in a sence)

TheLawnRangerLLC
01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I looked up the name Chuck's Landscaping on the Ohio Business filings page, and it had one registered name which is Chuck Fleck Landscaping. It says it will expire in February of this year, however, there is nothing you can do to have that name until it is for sure out of commision, or unless you do something to the fact of Chucks Lawn care or chucks landscaping of (what ever your city/town). Keep an eye on it and let us know what happens.

oops... after I posted this I had to edit it... I looked and there is also a chucks lawn care registered. So my best suggestion would be, if you want to keep it chucks ______, then you will have to add your city like I did.

chevyguy$$
01-10-2010, 04:20 PM
i looked up the name chuck's landscaping on the ohio business filings page, and it had one registered name which is chuck fleck landscaping. It says it will expire in february of this year, however, there is nothing you can do to have that name until it is for sure out of commision, or unless you do something to the fact of chucks lawn care or chucks landscaping of (what ever your city/town). Keep an eye on it and let us know what happens.

Oops... After i posted this i had to edit it... I looked and there is also a chucks lawn care registered. So my best suggestion would be, if you want to keep it chucks ______, then you will have to add your city like i did.

thanks you guys are the best.... We will see how this works out

TheLawnRangerLLC
01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
No prob, I just know that when I was filing my business name I went through the same things. You can call yourself Chuck's Lawn care of (_______) and you can still advertise as Chuck's Lawn Care. I was told this by my lawyer but any legal documents must have your full business name.

Good luck with everything.

helidriver
01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
"chuck's property maintenance and lawn care services." I think its available.

Jim Bo
01-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Hey Buddy, What ever you decide just make sure after that you get the domain name also in case you want a website later on.
JimBo