PDA

View Full Version : Where has all the controversy gone?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, now that winter is fully upon us, I am noticing that this forum has not picked up pace to its typical 'winter boom' of postings. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I think that this is due to a number of key contributors who have dropped off the page.

Where are these guys when you need them? :

Chris Johnson
Billy Bradford
"Pete Scalia" :laugh:
Paul Gosselin
The rest of the AOLP executive.

We need some more strong debate and mild controversy here! :drinkup:

Classic Lighting
01-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Pete was an interesting character. I've been reading some of the old threads and his opinions were very........well you know.

IMO, I think the lack of activity on the forum is related to the economical climate . Not as many people in the LVL business because consumer demand has significantly declined.

LightYourNight
01-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I posted a lot this last winter and thought that a few people on the forum were very negative and were getting in fights over stupid stuff. Like they needed an outlet to make themselves feel superior in some way. I got kinda sick of it.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I posted a lot this last winter and thought that a few people on the forum were very negative and were getting in fights over stupid stuff. Like they needed an outlet to make themselves feel superior in some way. I got kinda sick of it.

Hey John... nice to see you still read the forum. Feel free to jump in once in a while and participate.

While it was certainly more volatile here in the past, I never took anything too personally. That is why I have stuck with it.

It would be nice to see some more regulars contributing though.

Regards

RLI Electric
01-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I belong on some electrician forums and it is a lot more volatile there. Everyone seems to be a "hack" except for the one that is posting. A lot of union vs. nonunion stuff till moderators kill it real fast.

LetThereBeeLight
01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I\'m new to the forum. What\'s all the scuttlebutt about?

Classic Lighting
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
I\'m new to the forum. What\'s all the scuttlebutt about?

Try reading threads from the past year or two. It is easy to discover everyone's personality and expertise relating to this field.

LetThereBeeLight
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I just want to let you guys know what I\\\'m doing . I\\\'m in the process of lobbying google maps and microsoft Bing to take night satellite shots. This way from overhead we can go into any neighborhood from our computer screen and see who has outdoor lighting and who doesn\\\'t.

This will be especially helpful in targeting our direct mail marketing to those homes without which should increase response rates. I\\\'m full of great ideas so just stay tuned.

LetThereBeeLight
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
why are their back slashes all over my messages? I\'m certainly not doing it.

Mark B
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
why are their back slashes all over my messages? I\'m certainly not doing it.

To many of these :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: maybe???

Stephen M.
01-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Maybe the Great Recession has finally affected the Lawnsite? It takes too many brain cells to think:hammerhead:

S&MLL
01-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Been a little busy with winter to even read the forum. You can catch me on plowsite :)

S&MLL
01-11-2010, 02:55 AM
Did just see avatar in Imax and it was amazing

Gr1ffin
01-11-2010, 07:24 AM
I just want to let you guys know what I\\\'m doing . I\\\'m in the process of lobbying google maps and microsoft Bing to take night satellite shots. This way from overhead we can go into any neighborhood from our computer screen and see who has outdoor lighting and who doesn\\\'t.

This will be especially helpful in targeting our direct mail marketing to those homes without which should increase response rates. I\\\'m full of great ideas so just stay tuned.

Like it! Funny, :laugh:clever post

Alan

NightScenes
01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm with LightYourNight. I just got tired of the negativity and those who constantly need their ego boost to get through their day.

JoeyD
01-22-2010, 12:51 PM
seems the mood of LS has changed over the last half of year......in a slow but respectfull way IMO. Anyone know how Chris Johnson is doing? I need to give him a call. I miss ol Billy boy around here too.....

NightScenes
01-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Chris is good, I'll be seeing him next month in the Dominican Republic.

JoeyD
01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Dominican Republic!! Thats awesome! Have a blast Paul!

Mark B
01-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I think Chris is doing good according to his FB page.

extlights
01-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I just enjoy reading more than posting at times. It can be as entertaining as reading The Penthouse Forum and sometimes as in the past.... almost as far-fetched.

Classic Lighting
02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dead.

I've noticed an increase in participation on this forum. Maybe others are stuck inside due to winter storms or freezing temps.

Way to go everyone! Lots of participation makes this a more enjoyable place.

Chris J
02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, I dropped in to see how everything was going and say hello. I'm not too sure how to read the initial post though. Nice to know James is still talking about me though! I'll be happy to rev things up for you if it's too boring:p
Just kidding. I stopped visiting because of just way too much business and way too little patience with the ego thing. I'll be trying to stop back in from time to time to keep up with you goof balls.

Much Love,

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey Chris, you were only mentioned as an example, one of many... :)

Things have actually picked up around here in the past couple of weeks quite nicely, just after I started this thread actually. It was pretty quiet in here for a while.