PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tie Down question....

BillF
01-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I've been using ratchet straps forever, been thinking about trying the Fastrap Tie Down system:

http://www.trailerracks.com/fastrap.html

Any opinions, or other choices I should consider or just stick with good ol' ratchet straps?

Thanks!

Bill

mars_rcm_67
01-10-2010, 06:25 PM
the only problem i see with them is if you want to haul anything else on the trailer the tie down are in the was

Jay Ray
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Fastraps are fast, convenient, and safe. If you load a different configuration of equipment you can always use the click straps once inawhile. You can drive stuff over the steel chocks and straps and while it is bumpy, it doesn't hurt anything. I do keep the tightening buckles to the sides or middle of the trailer floor and do not drive over the buckles (but it probably wouldn't hurt them, just being extra careful).

imo money well spent. After five years the straps are dirty, but still work like new.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I concur, I have used them two seasons now, and the Fastraps have worked well.
Very easy to use. Only negative - you have chocs screwed down in the bottom of your trailer which makes it hard to haul bulk goods like mulch/compost. You have to throw a board or some cardboard down first before loading this stuff, which is just moderately inconvenient.