PDA

View Full Version : idea for you go getters

Mark B
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
AS I sit here watching axe men on the history channel. If they can make a show on logging. I think some of you guys should have them follow you around during the whole install of a lighting job? You could do interior & outdoor lighting, explain how & why you are doing what you are doing.

Classic Lighting
01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Good idea. I remember a few years ago, TLC had shows such as "Landscaper's Challenge" that focused on design and install work. I've noticed that current shows such as AxMen thrive on danger, controversy, job stress, and personnel conflicts.
I just don't see these traits as a lighting contractor. People would think I have a boring job if they followed me around. How exciting is it to put a bullet light in the ground?

Lite4
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
You could team up 6 different lighting companies (2 teams of 3) for a large commercial lighting project that they would have to as a team, compose a design and pitch their design ideas to the client. At that point you could just stand back and watch the drama unfold.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
LOL I have turned this idea over in my mind so many ways it is almost scary. Tim might have the best idea yet. All those shows thrive on conflict and drama, something that would have to be engineered for our line of work.

I think Tommy has the best angle going for TV exposure.

Mark B
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I am sure all trades have the same issues as they do.

LetThereBeeLight
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
My team is available. Sounds like a good idea.

The Lighting Geek
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I just don't see these traits as a lighting contractor. People would think I have a boring job if they followed me around. How exciting is it to put a bullet light in the ground?

Where is Pete Scalia when you need him, he could host the show...LOL